Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cargo plaza 10/1

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Cargo plaza 10/1

If you have something constructive please add it if you are going to constantly add these off topic posts maybe a mod should take some action and delete them? Oh wait you are a mod I forgot.

Yep. And the last time I banned you for the same, well, we all see how effective that was, wasn't it?
    :roll: If you think the post has no merit, alert Phil's Team rather than continuing.

So after your minor tirade about worthless banter, I'll stand by my original thought, er, worthless banter.

Two guys in a car will draw attention, no surprise.

If I go with my little guy, I'll be there for hours. That is what Phil is saying.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

[quote=SP-LPB]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":2007d
    Its fine that the police come over but I don't know the last time anyone or if they ever have been kicked out of Plainview park.
    Andy was told to leave not too long ago.[/quote:2007d]

Well Andy then should have asked why...you do have the right to question the police as to the legality of what you're doing wrong. If he simply engaged them in conversation he would have been left alone. Funny how only one person in forever was asked to leave Plainview park, not sure I buy it.

Nick I have to agree with both Phil and Mario and I think you're totally missing the point or choosing to create debate when there really isn't any. The fact that if Mario to his son to Cargo Plaza and stood outside he would be left alone. The perception of a father son mother son of onlookers is going to be far different the two grown men pulling up in a car together. Again that's why there is power in numbers. When ISP had that little viewing area it was closed not because of 9/11 although that did have role it was mainly closed because men were going there to get it on with other men. The PAPD very well could have thought you were there for a Dirty Sanchez Nick.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Jesus I knew it would be worthless to even discuss this topic with you people. Now this is a gay sex thing? The PA officer asked what I was doing and I told him it was spotting not a dirty sanchez Tommy (wonder where you heard that) My God. I guess I will call 1-800 Rent a baby and bring one with my next time I go to shoot at the cargo area.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Jesus I knew it would be worthless to even discuss this topic with you people. Now this is a gay sex thing? The PA officer asked what I was doing and I told him it was spotting not a dirty sanchez Tommy (wonder where you heard that) My God. I guess I will call 1-800 Rent a baby and bring one with my next time I go to shoot at the cargo area.
    When Mario and Phil got detained at ISP, the cop certainly tried to make it sound like a gay sex thing...

Nick the point that we are trying to make is perception. Society will perceive totally differently Mario and his son vs. a man and another man. That's all this is, it’s not a discussion about right or wrong. I don't agree with going out onto the lawn at Cargo like Gordon did, I like the pic he took almost gave it a Screener's Choice but its like the thing that Senga and I went back and forth on, there is a certain level of responsibility that you need to use when spotting, and some blatantly don't. Do they get great shots, yes but at a price that can affect all of us.

However again what is being discussed here is the perception of the conduct. Once Sebastian begins to walk Mario can let him loose around those landing lights and no one will say boo, but if you or I started to snoop around them someone would say something. That's society Nick, you can debate it until you're blue in the face but that's just the fact. Perception in many cases is reality for some.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

You people? What people? Are you turning this into an anti-hetero thread? Or an anti-black or anti-white thread? What people Nick? There is no need for that.

Tom is spot on and so is Phil. And as was highlighted by Adam, when Phil and I were questioned at ISP, yep, the whole gay couple thing was played to no satisfaction for SCPD.

So, again, having been on both sides of the fence, where I can take my baby out and watch planes vs being virtually accused of homosexual behavior, maybe, just once, you can see other's points of view?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

just once, you can see other's points of view?
    I would if it made any sense. This PA officer saw me a half mile away and pulled in after me. He had no idea there were two adult males in the car. I would have gotten thrown out if I was alone, with a baby or with a 15 year old. Then this whole gay thing would (which it is anyway) be complete BS. This had nothing to do with who was in the car. This guy spotted me from a long ways away. I will love to see your point of view, as long as it is a valid one.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

just once, you can see other's points of view?
    I would if it made any sense. This PA officer saw me a half mile away and pulled in after me. He had no idea there were two adult males in the car. I would have gotten thrown out if I was alone, with a baby or with a 15 year old. Then this whole gay thing would (which it is anyway) be complete BS. This had nothing to do with who was in the car. This guy spotted me from a long ways away. I will love to see your point of view, as long as it is a valid one.
    Nick how is Mario's point not valid? Its a hypothesis of the situation based on what was told and today's preception of two men being together. Even though the cop didn't see two men at first after he saw you he may very well could have beleived something was up. Did you ask him why you had to leave? I know its private property but a simple question might have opened up conversation leading him to let you stay.

Everyone's wrong but Nick. No body understnads or makes sense, except Nick. Every time.

Nick, your situation about a cop following right after you...I can't explain that, and I don't think it has to do with what the discussion is about.

WE are saying that, yes, if you had a baby with you on the grass, you'd have a better chance of not being bothered by police. If you looked young, youd have a better chance of being left alone. That's all we're saying Do you disagree with that statement?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Not to inflame the debate even further, but why does every thread about spotting locations/run-ins with PAPD have to degenerate into an argument worthy of A.net forums. I always thought we were all out there for the same purpose i.e. to have fund doing what we enjoy!

My personal view is that if a parking lot says private property or employees only then it's out of bounds to anyone that is not employed there. As for standing under the landing lights, then that is irresponsible and likely to aggravate the PD even further. If you want to get the approach shot can you not do it from one side of the field or the other, or from the sidewalk of a public road in line with the landing lights.

If I'm asked to move on from a spot, I will do that. It's not worth the grief if you don't and only serves to get the PD to crackdown on everyone using that spot, a la Philly PD and Hog Island Rd.

I am locking this thread because it was pointless from the beginning and no positive discussion could possibly arise from it at this point.

If you are on private property and law enforcement tells you to leave, you have to leave. Even if the cop doesn't say "please" or "thank you." End of story. Nothing to discuss.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9