Thread: spotting in TLV

spotting in TLV

Hi
    Im new here at NYCA -great website
    my name is amir, 18 years old from a town near tel aviv (sorry for my english)
    i have been in JFK four times and i think its the best airport in the world!!! you guys are lucky.

anyway, i thought you want to see some action from israel
    so here are some pics

transaero from moscow on final approach to runway 26

iaf 707 comes very often in LLBG because ben gurion is also use as an airforce base

arkia 757

ELAL 002 from JFK!!

alitalia from milan or rome

swiss A340

from north american airlines

ELAL 011 to JFK!!

ELAL CARGO to AMS

turkish A340 to istanbul

israir 320- today another israir plane almost collided with an alitalia plane that had lined up on the only operational runway in LLBG without clearance

ELAL 032 i think, from new york

ELAL 002 from JFK

closeup on ELAL 777 to paris

another ELAL 011 to JFK

ELAL 315 to LHR

conti 777 to EWR

air canada to toronto

conti just landad from EWR

delta from ATL

I hope you enjoyed :D

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: spotting in TLV

dude, those are GREAT shots!

Welcome to the site! Give a holler next time you are in JFK.

We will have to do TLV in the future. It is on my list!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Beautiful shots, Amir. Welcome to the site. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Those are beautiful shots, welcome Amir!

Excellent shots. Welcome to this site. Given the tight security situation, I am surprised to see you are able to take pictures around the TLV. Is TLV spotter friendly or you have some "special" access?

Quote Originally Posted by JZ1
    Excellent shots. Welcome to this site. Given the tight security situation, I am surprised to see you are able to take pictures around the TLV. Is TLV spotter friendly or you have some "special" access?
    well, in the begining airport security personals and the police kicked us all the time especially from the location that i took the last picture (delta, conti and the cal) but since so many spotters came they started asking for an ID and now they just ignore us.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Sweet...I'd love to spot at TLV some day, although I'm surprised you can do so...they've had a couple of specific incidents there involving potential shoulder-fired rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by adam613
    Sweet...I'd love to spot at TLV some day, although I'm surprised you can do so...they've had a couple of specific incidents there involving potential shoulder-fired rockets.
    That's why a large, regular, visible group of spotters is a good thing. You don't think any one of us would hesitate to call for help if we saw something suspicious?

Welcome aboard, Amir! Those are great shots you posted. It's good to see some unusual (for us) subjects from an interesting part of the world. I'd love to get out there one day.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

Yafeh me'od! The last time I was there (December 2005), I stood on the beach in Tel Aviv just north of Allenby Street and read off underwing registrations from TLV arrivals, as well as aircraft on approach to Sde Dov, including IDF King Airs, the ATRs from Israir and Arkia, and other assorted GA. I'm glad to hear that a photography culture is developing around Ben Gurion, a place where, I agree, you wouldn't really expect it.

thanks guys for all the responses :D

Mateo do you speak hebrew or its just few words?

i have been spotting in tlv for more than a year now and i never expirience any problems with the security.
    actually they never even once told me to leave even when i came to pick up my father at 0300am and decided to try to take some picture very close to the runway. one of the security guys is a private pilot, another one is uploading photos to an aviation forum, there is seriously no security issues to the spotters here in ben gurion and if any one of you plan to visit and want to take some photos I'll be more than happy to help

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31

I speak moderately well. I'm not fluent, but I can get by when I'm in Israel (which doesn't happen nearly enough :| ).

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    I speak moderately well. I'm not fluent, but I can get by when I'm in Israel (which doesn't happen nearly enough :| ).
    just like me, only with english.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    They respond to you in Hebrew? When I've been there, all of the Israelis responded in English when I spoke to them in Hebrew. And my Hebrew used to be quite passable.

Amir,

I'm seriously considering coming out to TLV for a couple days soon. Check your PMs.

-Chris