Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Met fans, you have gone silent all of a sudden!

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Hey Met fans, you have gone silent all of a sudden!

Well well well. Let's see Yanks are in the post season and Met's are fighting for their lives. Up one game in the division and tied for the wild card with the tough Cards coming to town. Since the beginning of the year there was so much smack being spoken about this and that and how the Yanks were this and the Yanks were that. Well we got it done and got to the playoffs while you guys are on the verge of the biggest collapse after being how many games up? I wish you luck and do hope you don't blow this.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Re: Hey Met fans, you have gone silent all of a sudden!

At least the Mets play in a league where the pitcher has the balls to hit in a game, lol. I hope we win out and get in just to shut those damn a$$sole Philly fans up. We can't even give our pitchers a chance to rest...
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

LOL I thought I was the only Yanks fan on this board! One of my good friends is a Mets fan and I sure let him hear it today. Great game last night.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

The Mets are toast anyway, because they're going to have to play either Colorado or San Diego in the NLDS if they can hold on and win the division.

You know, I basically gave on the Phillies at the start of the season, but we've definitely made a nice comeback. As long as Mets keep giving games away, we're all set. :borat:
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Wow the Yankee fans all packed it in for the year just a few months ago but are back to running their mouths again huh? You wrote the season off but I see the skies have cleared again huh? Fair weather ahead? Lol, you guys will never change. :twisted:

Now that the Yanks have finally clinched a playoff spot they can speak again. :borat:

I just bought NLDS tix but in a way I sort of hope the Mets DON'T make it...I'd rather not pay DOUBLE to see them get their ass whipped the way they have for the past two weeks. The bullpen is just a disaster. Get Mota back on the juice...even if he gets caught he can sit out most of next season and be ready for the playoffs next year. :D
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Also, the Mets 1 game lead is actually nonexistent...in theory they're now tied with the Phillies. If the season ends in an actual tie, the Phillies automatically win because the tiebreaker is their regular season record versus the Mets. And we all know how well that went. :roll:
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Get Mota back on the juice...even if he gets caught he can sit out most of next season and be ready for the playoffs next year. :D

hahaha agreed! :borat:
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

At least the Mets play in a league where the pitcher has the balls to hit in a game
    Hmmm last I checked the pitchers don't have a say in the Amercian league rules.

Wow the Yankee fans all packed it in for the year just a few months ago but are back to running their mouths again huh? You wrote the season off but I see the skies have cleared again huh? Fair weather ahead? Lol, you guys will never change.
    Now that the Yanks have finally clinched a playoff spot they can speak again.
    Actually I don't feel the need to talk smack like all the Met fans here did early on in the season when they opened a big lead up. The Yankees record speaks for itself. As giving up I never did that because as history has proved and Yogi has said "It ain't over till it's over!"

But as the Mets are looking now. It's over.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

It's sad. You just sit there looking at it thinking "you can't be serious". Talk about collapse.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I have stopped watching baseball or talking about it untill the playoffs in which event I will be nutreal or root for the home teams in it. It looks the the Mets are not going to be in it but I swill still cheer the Yanks none the less just beceause they are from NY.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I stand corrected, the Mets and Phils would play a tiebreaker game at Philly on Monday in the event of a tie.

There is also the very interesting possibility that the Mets, Phillies, Padres, Diamondbacks and Rockies could all finish with the same record. The Mets and Phils would still play each other, but the west would be a mess. I don't even quite understand what would happen if that were the case...

AP: In the West, the team with the best head-to-head record against the others (because Arizona plays Colorado this weekend, that's yet to be determined), gets to choose whether it prefers one tiebreaker road game or two home games. Presumably, the team with the choice would take one road game. Monday's winner would then host the club with the bye on Tuesday for the NL West title.

Starting Wednesday, the three teams that failed to win division titles would be involved in a two-day, two-game tiebreakers to determine the wild-card winner.

As a life-long Mets fan, this is the biggest let down I've ever experienced. The loss to the Dodgers in 88, Braves in 99 and Chankees in 2000 don't compare to what's going on this year. I've left out last year's loss to St. Louis because I consider that a carry over to this year. It's very disapointing. The way they're playing right now reinforces that the team is always going to be second to that team in the Bronx. I've lost faith in the team. I'm at the point where I could care less how they finish. I've spent way too much money with my season tix that I'm never going to buy them again.

I think I'll stick to spotting!

Yankees fans unite!

Seems like that little league team from Queens that everyone - with 80 games left to go in the season - was raving about, has fallen apart! :borat:

All jokes aside, I think it just goes to show you that the season is a full 162 games long, and no matter how well you are playing in June, July or August, it all comes down to what you do in September. This is what makes baseball one of the toughest sports. Not only do you have to play well, you have to do it day-in and day-out for months, just to earn a playoff spot. Just goes to show that no amount of money can buy a playoff spot or a championship ring. The Mets have the 3rd highest payroll in baseball, yet are still trying to fend off the 13th and 25th team on the overall payroll list.

While I wish the Mets and their fans the best of luck, if the Mets don't make the playoffs, it will be kind of bittersweet as a Yankee fan to see all those players, "experts" and fans who in June said the Yankees would never make the playoffs and the Mets were the team to beat, go back on their statements.