Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trip Report: JFK-LAS-JFK on Delta

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Trip Report: JFK-LAS-JFK on Delta

:borat:

Errr, eh, I just wanted to say, NICE TRIP REPORT, MATT. :borat:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Tom, you were the one saying you were glad the TWA birds found homes at JFK again. So, I guess Delta couldn't be THAT bad. By the way, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting we have gained the route authority to PVG. Woot!

Delta will survive. And I think you should give them another chance. You just might be surprised (JFK T2/T3 aside).

Speaking of Delta's "dated" cabin, these are slated to be installed on Delta aircraft shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyNavy
    Tom, you were the one saying you were glad the TWA birds found homes at JFK again. So, I guess Delta couldn't be THAT bad. By the way, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution is reporting we have gained the route authority to PVG. Woot!

Delta will survive. And I think you should give them another chance. You just might be surprised (JFK T2/T3 aside).
    From a personal standpoint I would try them again but from a business standpoint we have perferred airlines that my company uses and right now American is our perferred global carrier. I manage to fly WN because I can make a case for saving money by leaving out of ISP, generally the fare is lower but I don't need a limo to take me there or pay 30 bucks a day at LGA and JFK so I save the company about 100 bucks plus by using ISP.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Matt good trip report. Due to the fact that WN fares were too high I am flying DL LAS-JFK-LAS to get home for X-Mas and your report was helpful.

Tommy, everyone here is aware of your travel miles and the fact that you benefit from the awards from them without having to pay for the flights. There are some here who don't need the frills you want just because you are on a plane more often than someone like Phil. I come from a family where we flew EAL first class all over the place and loved it but now just a comfortable seat, decent FA and a safe flight and I am happy. I don't need a pillow or a blanket or an upgrade or free drink coupons to be happy or care that the airline I am flying just came out of Chapter 11. I am not the biggest fan of Delta but I will go into my flight in Dec with an open mind and give them a chance.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Matt good trip report. Due to the fact that WN fares were too high I am flying DL LAS-JFK-LAS to get home for X-Mas and I your report was helpful.

Tommy, everyone here is aware of your travel miles and the fact that you benefit from the awards from them without having to pay for the flights. There are some here who don't need the frills you want just because you are on a plane more often than someone like Phil. I come from a family where we flew EAL first class all over the place and loved it but now just a comfortable seat, decent FA and a safe flight and I am happy. I don't need a pillow or a blanket or an upgrade or free drink coupons to be happy or care that the airline I am flying just came out of Chapter 11. I am not the biggest fan of Delta but I will go into my flight in Dec with an open mind and give them a chance.
    Nick just don't forget to tip the FA.

...just because you are on a plane more often than someone like Phil.
    I actually think Phil's been on a plane more than anyone on the boards this year...just not as a revenue passenger. If we exclude Tommy's miles, I bet Phil's flown more miles in 2007 than every member put together!!!

(just to clarify, I'm not trying to make you wrong Nick...just pointing out that maybe Phil wasn't the best example considering he's called a 757/767 his home for a good percentage of the year ;))

I actually think Phil's been on a plane more than anyone on the boards this year...just not as a revenue passenger. If we exclude Tommy's miles, I bet Phil's flown more miles in 2007 than every member put together!!!

(just to clarify, I'm not trying to make you wrong Nick...just pointing out that maybe Phil wasn't the best example considering he's called a 757/767 his home for a good percentage of the year )

We know Mel but I think the point Tommy was trying to make was the he has flown more miles as a business passenger and was not just along for the ride as an employee and was judging the service in addition to the fact he has flown more different carriers than Phil.

Nick just don't forget to tip the FA.
    Tommy you better throw them a duece next time you redeem one of your drink coupons!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

That's why I said "just not as a revenue passenger."

Ok, let's move on from me please. :shock:
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

THANK G-D :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat: :borat:

This was a thread about a trip. geez....
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Actually beginning with Tommy's post about me tipping FAs and working down is all

So I will paste my last reply that was on topic and we can continue.

Matt good trip report. Due to the fact that WN fares were too high I am flying DL LAS-JFK-LAS to get home for X-Mas and your report was helpful.