Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Spirit Livery to be unveiled! Photo added!

Re: New Spirit Livery to be unveiled Soon !

Yuck. Purely disgusting. Worse than Uzbekistan and that private Chinese 737 in vomit colors.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

It is in Ny at this moement. Just pulled into gate 3 minutes ago or so.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

The new logo reminds me of a toothpaste but I think the rebranding will meet the goal of 'lowering expectations' for a ULCC as it looks like something from Eastern Europe, perhaps more than it is evocative of the Caribbean or Latin America which is what it's supposed to be. The "old new" livery was kind of sophisticated, almost like something you might see on a more creatively liveried private jet. Anyway this is like the third or fourth marketing strategy Spirit has pursued in the years that I have been familiar with them which does not inspire confidence. However, don't underestimate them, they may well have figured out that if they focus on Lat Am/Caribbean routes and collect $10 per checked bag, they will make enough money to give tickets away!

Here is my so-so shot from Thursday in very hazy weather.

[jetphotos:3c664]http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6074085[/jetphotos:3c664]

Regards

Ron Peel

Re: New Spirit Livery to be unveiled! Photo added!

I like the colors of the New Spirit. I honestly wasnt too crazy about the gray and silver colors very much but ill be looking foward to catching one of these at LGA. Any idea when N501NK will be coming to LGA?
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

That livery is ridiculous!!! How can anyone take that airline seriously with that livery?
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Sergio, it was here the first day of active service in the new livery. It passed through twice.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

N501NK was at LGA again today Tuesday Oct 2nd again operating NK313 to DTW, a 1345 departure which means it (MAY) like last time return again at 1751 as NK320 then on to MYR and back to DTW to RON. Despite the overcast I think I got an ok departure shot off 13.

Cheers

LGA777

It's pretty hideous, and I disagree with the people who have said that it's OK because they're an LCC. I don't see why they can't have their planes look classy and still be an LCC; the old livery looked great, and I can't imagine why they felt the need to change it. Did they think that people would see a plane in the old scheme and decided based entirely on that that the airline was out of their price range, so they needed to make the planes look like crap so people would understand it was a cheap airline?
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Ewww... It's even worse than I imagined. It seems like the older livery is newer than the new one.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by pgengler
    It's pretty hideous, and I disagree with the people who have said that it's OK because they're an LCC. I don't see why they can't have their planes look classy and still be an LCC; the old livery looked great, and I can't imagine why they felt the need to change it. Did they think that people would see a plane in the old scheme and decided based entirely on that that the airline was out of their price range, so they needed to make the planes look like crap so people would understand it was a cheap airline?
    Right on. A lot of LCCs have great-looking schemes; Spirit is unfortunately no longer part of that group. :(

I think its ok, I just don't like the tail logo. For me I think its a fast improvment over that pixilated silver horror they current'y have. This is one that I have some motivation to go shoot. I like the origional livery the best though.
    Senga

LOL, they can't be serious?

Ugh. Terrible livery.
    BTW who comes up with the idea to have this new livery arny way, the CEOs?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

And Matt, your "baby" 501NK, Spirit Of Detroit, was the first to be rebranded. Har Har.
    "lol retart"