Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Trivia

Re: Movie Trivia

The movie eneded after Al Pacino gets arrested at the apron as the hostages were released from the limo
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Yes, I'm trying to figure out where that happened exactly.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

In the movie it ended in the General Aviation area of JFK near the current T-1 terminal (old Eastern). I believe the GA is still in the same place. I don't know where it ended in real, or if it was JFK.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Even though TWA was not the airline portrayed in the movie and no one ever said that Joe worked for TWA on the back of his jump suit was a big TWA Double Globe logo.
    Sorry, gotcha here it is mentioned. After Mel's first visit to the stricken 707 he asks the maint chief, "...if I can con TWA into giving us Patroni would you mind...", and the reply is, "no, Joe can have all the tries he wants." and yes as several regulars here can attest I am a geek.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCMedic
    There is a movie that features the 707 and at one point the main character looks out the window while flying over LGA and refers to runway "44". Any guesses?
    Catch Me If You Can. It is the scene near the end of the flight back from France after his arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Joe Patroni worked for TWA - what else? :D

OK, boys and girls. Thinking caps on? Good, Patroni is based on a real live TWA mechanic. In fact Arthur Hailey had several interviews with this man when writing the book and he was invited to MSP to be anon set consultant during the shooting of the movie. Who is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild
    In the ending of Coogan's Bluff, which airline, what kind of aircraft and which "terminal" does Clint Eastwood fly out of NYC?
    I can't remember what was shown when he flew from out west to NYC, but there was a lot of footage of New York Airways Boeing Vertol and Clint arrived at the Pan Am Bldg rooftop.

"Coogan's Bluff" - the inspiration for the McCloud TV Series with Dennis Weaver, if I am correct.

Tommy should know this stuff.... :D

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

[quote=Smartass Flyboy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Tom_Turner":a9915
    Joe Patroni worked for TWA - what else? :D

OK, boys and girls. Thinking caps on? Good, Patroni is based on a real live TWA mechanic. In fact Arthur Hailey had several interviews with this man when writing the book and he was invited to MSP to be anon set consultant during the shooting of the movie. Who is he?[/quote:a9915]

George Kennedy - And that is before my time!!!!!!
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Wow, this thread is totally scattered. I'm passing out Ritalin for anyone who wants.

I was watching Passenger 57 last night. Does anyone know who that L-1011 belonged too. I couldnt notice the registration #. Im guessing it is an Ex Eastern or Delta.

Sergio Cardona

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    I was watching Passenger 57 last night. Does anyone know who that L-1011 belonged too. I couldnt notice the registration #. Im guessing it is an Ex Eastern or Delta.

N331EA - I think you can guess the airline that regi is for ;)
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR

N331EA - I think you can guess the airline that regi is for ;)
    ok i figure it would be Eastern then. That was the first airline that came to my mind, then Delta came to my mind.

Sergio Cardona