Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Trivia

Movie Trivia

Modern Air:

Name the movie it's in, the airplane represented, the airport it's based at and the terminal it's parked in.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

Re: Movie Trivia

You just watched Dog Day Afternoon too huh? I caught the end last night while switching channels.

Let's see, that was a Boeing 707 parked at JFK. Correct?

It was cool hearing those nice and loud take offs/landings in the final scene and seeing the old United and some L1011's in the background. They also showed a TWA 747-100 taxi down the runway.

At least the Mets finally won a freeken game!

You have the movie and the airport right.
    Spotters have been Homeland Security before HS was a glimmer in the president's eye.

What was it? A DC8?

Oh man, no kidding, I was going to watch that movie yesterday, but I slept all afternoon instead. lol. I haven't seen it since the late 80s.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Good Stuff.

Now, was it French Connection that had a long lingering image of a BOAC VC-10 taxiing up to the terminal at JFK?

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

It's a CV-880 parked in the GA section of JFK. It was right next to the old EA terminal, where you see all the L-1011's. I don't know whose 880 because I couldn't make out the reg.

Fun post. Anyone else have a good aviation movie trivia question?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Two questions, each a two parter for one film for all of you Howard Beach (or wherever else) goombas out there.

Part one: In Goodfellas, the scene in which the first airport robbery takes place in 1961 (?) at Idlewild, what prominent four engined cargo plane do you see parked at the ramp, and who is it owned by (you know the titles)?

Part Deux: Which airline's ticket title is blacked out in the same film? Describe the scene as well.

Don't remember the details of part one, but I do remember a scene with footage of a 747 taking off when it was supposed to be 1961 while Henry was describing how much money they made robbing Idlewild Airport.

Part Deux = American, in the scene where Henry is getting ready to send Lois to Pittsburgh.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Idlewild
    Two questions, each a two parter for one film for all of you Howard Beach (or wherever else) goombas out there.

Part one: In Goodfellas, the scene in which the first airport robbery takes place in 1961 (?) at Idlewild, what prominent four engined cargo plane do you see parked at the ramp, and who is it owned by (you know the titles)?

Part Deux: Which airline's ticket title is blacked out in the same film? Describe the scene as well.
    Ouch, tough ones! I know you do see a Swissair 747 landing, but I don't know the cargo plane on the ground!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I have one:
    In the movie Delta Force, what was the name of the fictitious airline that was hijacked from Athens to Rome continuing to New York? What type of airliner was used in the film?

BONUS: While the film borrowed a lot of the storyline from the famous "Raid at Entebbe", a lot of the storyline was based on a US airliner hijacked and flown to Beirut. Name the airline, aircraft, and the reg. (FAA N#). HINT-The answer is somewhere in the photo database on a.net!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

The answer to the first part of my question is an Air France Breguet 763. And yes you're correct in that someone ****ed up placing a 743 (or is it a 742) on final in 1961.

AA is correct as is the Lois scene.

The Delta Force is based on the TWA 722 hijacking of '85. I think they used a 707 and reversed the title a tad, some thing like World Trans or another. Maybe Trans Global???

In the movie Airplane which LAX terminal was used to film the opening scenes including when a 747 crashed through the glass?

In the first Airport movie who did Joe Patroni work for?

In the movie the original Out of Towners movie what was the real airport George Kellerman and his wife left from?

In the movie National Lampoon's European Vacation what airline did the Griswold's take to Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    I have one:
    In the movie Delta Force, what was the name of the fictitious airline that was hijacked from Athens to Rome continuing to New York? What type of airliner was used in the film?
    The airline was ATW (American Travelways)