Thread: Recent JP Rejection That Vexed Me

Recent JP Rejection That Vexed Me

I'll just cut and paste the gist of the post I made on the JP forums. This whole rejection fiasco with this shot in particular really vexed me - I completely disagree with their reasoning here and I think they have a double standard in effect. I also think that some JP screeners aren't all on the same page with others.

I'm having a hard time understanding a recent rejection I received, and appealed, twice - first after fixing the bad info rejection, and second - which I will explain...

Rejected shot in question: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1594284

I originally uploaded this shot with the simulator's FAA ID in the registration field, which was rejected for Bad Info in the following field(s): Location,Registration,Serial Number/CN. Okay, fine - no big deal. So, I resubmitted the photo again with just "Simulator" in the registration field (as they had requested and Tommy advised).

Tonight, it was rejected AGAIN for being "similar" to another "shot" I have in the database.

Therein lies the problem.

I don't have a similar photo uploaded (see below). Yes, I have other pictures of a 737-800 simulator in the database which, by the way, happen to be of a different simulator, but since FAA IDs in the registration field are unacceptable, I have no way to differentiate between them. Those shots, however, were taken on September 3, not September 11 like the rejected shot.

[jetphotos:551de]http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6054188[/jetphotos:551de]
    [jetphotos:551de]http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6053574[/jetphotos:551de]

If anything, the two accepted shots are similar - by every stretch of the definition: same simulator, same date, same visual setting, same (lack of) registration, same a/c type - need I go on?

A couple screeners have weighed in on that thread. One told me it could be accepted. One told me it was a shot of "...just another simulator." It would seem to me that not all of the screeners are on the same page. If they were, the two accepted shots would never have been both uploaded. And, using that logic, the simulator could be on a completely different continent and airport but since it happened to be a 737-800, it would be considered "similar."

That's absolutely ridiculous. Preposterous even.

I'm trying not to make a big stink about this but wanted to make my feelings known. So, here I am, faced with a decision. Reupload, or just forget about contributing this photo to this database. Myself and others (and more than likely the original screener) like the photo. I really enjoy contributing to this site and the art of aviation photography but cases such as this make me scratch my head and wonder...

"What was this guy thinking?!"

Re: Recent JP Rejection That Vexed Me

Chris Let me ask you this, you have two good pictures of the simulator in the database why do we (Jetphotos.net) need another from the same location? That's like uploading a shot of a BA747 from JFK from the same angle three times. If the shot is unquiely diffirent then I'd say upload it.

I advised you regarding the regi field as the sim ID isn't a plane regi. Personally I think two shots are plenty, now maybe a third not in night mode, that would be different then the other two and would tell a different story then the first two.

As for us being on different pages, you're right.. Screener aren't robots and we all don't screen the exact same way. We follow the standards the site has setup but each screener is going to have their own opinion on a shot.

I wouldn't get all crazy over it, there's more things in life to worry about then a rejection.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

i've personally noticed a lot of double standard on both sites we routinely uplaod to chris. to be honest, i upload it and if they don't want it then i just won't bother uplaoding it again. it matters more to me to take the good shot and have it in my collection that have it displayed on any site. yes it's nice, but there is more to life than jsut uplaods.

i couldn't agree with you more, and if they did allow the reg of sim the problem could have been avoided.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Tommy - I'm not getting crazy over it. But the bogus (perhaps erroneous) reasons why the shot was rejected are what moved me to share this here. My photo was uniquely different - it was a different simulator, different visual setting, different position, different phase of flight, different calendar day, different time of day - what more is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    That's like uploading a shot of a BA747 from JFK from the same angle three times.
    Perhaps, but if they were three different aircraft chances are all three shots would get accepted just because they're all unique pictures.

But, then again, if they were simulator shots who knows. :roll:

Chris here's the thing..its a simulator not a realy plane, its the same kind of sim a 737-800 and its in Atlanta, there's to many things that point to the shot be rejected for similar. All three shots are great shots but I have to agree with the screeners decisssion.