Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Couple creates 9/11 joke site

Re: Couple creates 9/11 joke site

Hello,

This is Hank, from 911wasfunny.com. The reasoning behind this site was basically to see how quickly I could invoke anger across the internet, as well as to see how much money could be made on such an offensive, awful project. I'll say that I succeeded.

Suffice to say, over the course of 3 weeks, I pulled down about a million hits, and I made about $2000, which will be donated to 9-11 Search and Rescue Dog Medical Surveillance, an organization that I believe to be doing amazing things.

A lesson can be learned from this. If you say the right things, you can get the media to play into your hands. If we ignore certain controversial people, they will go away. To the families, survivors, and those affected by 9/11. I'm sorry for your loss. 9/11 wasn't funny, it was a horrible tragedy. Take action to make sure that it never happens again... think before you vote.

To the Git-R-Done crowd from the southern US: Vinyl decals on your truck, with a crying eagle, superimposed on the twin towers is JUST as bad as the content previously on this site. Someone was capitalizing on tragedy. Flag companies are just as bad.

This is done, and the domain will expire in a year. This has nothing to do with the death threats that were coming my way. I got a kick out of those of you who would threaten violence to silence someone in a "free" country. Basically, it's run it's course, I got the reaction I was looking for, and now I'll move on to a better project. For now, I'm going to eat a samosa, and listen to a David Cross CD.

Thank you,
    Hank
    [email protected]
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Re: Couple creates 9/11 joke site

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Wow. I wonder what changed his mind specifically.
    Hopefully it involved a dirty plunger and his anal cavity.

Not quite sure how Jane Fonda, Rosie O'Donnell, Bill Maher, and Hollywood celebrities got brought into this...
    No, you're not trippin'...That's dancing bacon.

http://rgaddis.acceleron.net/sfbanner1.jpg
    Planes and girls and stuff...SeriouslyFunny Photography.
    http://rgaddis.acceleron.net/sfhome