Thread: Spotters Capture SAS Dash 8 Crash on Video

Spotters Capture SAS Dash 8 Crash on Video

73 survive Danish plane crash

September 10, 2007

A turboprop plane with 73 people on board crashed today as it landed in western Denmark, but no-one was seriously injured, the airline said.

Television images showed the plane, a Scandinavian Airlines flight from Copenhagen to Aalborg, swerving sharply on the runway after its right landing gear buckled.

The right wing and right propeller plowed through the ground, spinning the aircraft around to a shuddering stop as fire crews raced to the scene of the accident.

An SAS spokeswoman said there were 69 passengers and four crew members on the plane. Initially, local police had put the number of passengers at 76.

Eleven people were taken to hospital to be treated for cuts and whiplash, Danish news agency Ritzau said.

According to the SAS website, the airline uses a De Havilland Canada DHC-8-400 plane on the Aalborg route.

Popularily known as the Dash 8, the twin-engined turboprop is produced by Canada's Bombardier. Its Q400 version can seat between 68 and 78 passengers, depending on configuration.

Reuters
    The video: http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=5380
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Spotters Capture SAS Dash 8 Crash on Video

Wow. I'm eager to see why the gear buckled. Wasn't a hard landing by any means.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Wow. I'm eager to see why the gear buckled. Wasn't a hard landing by any means.
    I read that they had a gear indication light and thats why the fire trucks were there waiting.

That is an amazing video. It is a miracle that no one was killed or seriously injured.

Yes it would be curious to see why the gear malfunctioned--the Q400 is a rather new type too.
    It's the fares, stupid

[>That is an amazing video.<

Yeah, cool video but the guy could have done a better job staying focused on the crash.
    Sheesh!! :D

Hardly seems like a "fiery crash", some sparks maybe. Just as interesting to watch is that crash truck, I bet that also needs some new "landing gear" after that bounce.

Corey