Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LGA Kids' Day - 9/29/07

Re: LGA Kids' Day - 9/29/07

Anyword yet on what planes will be there? I'm assuming AA and DAL will have an MD but any word on US? Be nice to see PSA sitting there. I hope 4 is in use in the morning, I haven't spotted 4 in ages. WX is looking better then perfect to, High: 74 °F RealFeel®: 75 °F
    Sunny and pleasant!

When I went a couple of years ago runway 4 was inuse because of sometype of construction.
    I can't quite remember but....
    Once you are there where all the kids day stuff is: how is spotting the other stuff landing etc?
    Too far?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Anyword yet on what planes will be there? I'm assuming AA and DAL will have an MD but any word on US? Be nice to see PSA sitting there.
    AA will have an MD80 as long as nothing goes out of service that day. I believe there two spares now so it should be fine. Delta will have an 80 as well and I'm guessing that US will have a 319 in regular new colors. There was a lot of confusion about who the Star Alliance was when it was there last year. LGA777 can confirm I'm sure.

There will also be a C130 (As I understand with the Ski Skids), E2C-Hawkeye and probably 2 F-18's. There were some others that were being worked on, but there wasnt enough time for the Military to get all the necessary paperwork done - Regardless the C130 and the Hawkeye will be really cool.

Finally, there will be a 182 again (like last year) and, as far as I understand, the SkyTypers will indeed be there. I don't think the P-51's will be there this year, but Im not 100% sure on that....
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

Matt thanks for the info, the C130 will def be cool to see!

E-2C Hawkeye.....drool. REALLY excited!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by AA 777
    I don't think the P-51's will be there this year, but Im not 100% sure on that....
    We won't see the P-51 and P-40 from Warbirds over Long Island that normally attend shows in the area - they will be at The Gathering of Mustangs & Legends in Columbus, OH this weekend. Close to 100 Mustangs, plus other warbirds, are expected to be in attendance.

LGA Kids Day Info

I plan to visit LGA on Sat. for my first time. I have several questions. What time does the event open to the public? When does it close? Are people ever turned-away because they arrived too late? I might not get there until noon. Is that too late? Are there long lines to get in or do guests just walk in? I understand that cameras are permitted. I imagine that there are long lines to enter various aircraft so you can't linger. I am excited and the weather seems to be cooperating. I plan to wear my Pan Am blue tee (if it still fits). See you there. Can I bring in a bottle of water or are bottles prohibited? Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks.

Re: LGA Kids Day Info

Be Sure to check out the new Events Section!

Decent Discussion already going on there.... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8212
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true

I believe the door opens at 12 pm. So if you arrive at noon, it's perfect timing. You can park at the Marine Air Terminal parking lot for free. There is a security check and you have to open your bags. They then bus you to the separate ramp area reserved for this event. There will be helicopters and WWII planes along with a few passenger jets from the various airlines (DL, US, AA). The line for getting onto the planes will be fairly long. But the planes usually are the regular MD-80/737/A319/A320. So I found it less interesting than getting so close to the take offs and landings. Most members of this forum will forego the visit to the planes and shoot the traffic instead. You will easily find this group of people, depending on the runway use.

Thanks for the info. LGA has been using the 22 arrival path all week with 13 for departures, but the wind on Sat. is supposed to change to the north so they might be using the Visual Expr 31 Approach and Rwy 4 for departure. Would that be good ?

The ramp area is adjacent to runway 4/22 so that would be good for watching takeoffs but we wouldn't see any arrivals. Barring some weird scenario where they were using only 13/31 for arrivals AND departures you definitely have a good view of the action from the event.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Sounds good. I'll be there wearing my old blue Pan Am tee.

The Port is going to close Rwy 4-22 from 0001 on Sat 9-29 till 1200 on Sunday 9-30 for multiple construction projects and based on forecasted winds plan on up and down Rwy 31.

And to answer AA777's earlier question the US Star Alliance A-319 was 3 years ago, we had new colors A-319's the last two years. And there will be a US A-319 on hand this year as well.

I will making a brief appearance early in the event and look forward to seeing everyone !

Cheers

LGA777

Well everyone, with only 2 open seats to OMA on the way home and only 12 seats on the noon flight into LGA Saturday, I'm going to have to pass up on making it to this year's event. Sorry I won't be able to see everyone! Have fun guys! Take lots of photos!

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Does anyone know how to get to LGA via mass transit?
    Anyone able to share their knowledge?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY