Thread: "Photoshop Express" RIA sneak-peeked today

"Photoshop Express" RIA sneak-peeked today

Today the crowd at Photoshop World got a quick preview of Photoshop Express, a new application currently in development at Adobe. First hinted at by Adobe CEO Bruce Chizen some six months ago, Photoshop Express isn't meant to duplicate/replace Photoshop CS3 or Photoshop Elements. Rather, it's a new member of the Photoshop family that's meant to make Adobe imaging technology immediately accessible way to large numbers of people.

Earlier this year, Adobe introduced Premiere Express, a free, Flash-based online video editor for creating mash-ups and remixes. Anyone using Photobucket, MTV.com and YouTube’s TestTube site can take Premiere Express for a spin. Photoshop Express, though not yet publicly available, aims to offer a similarly easy, approachable experience for image editing.

I can't share a ton of additional detail at the moment, but here's a screenshot of the app in action. Adobe Sr. VP John Loicono showed that it was possible to adjust an image just by rolling over the different versions shown at the top, previewing the results & then clicking the desired degree of modification. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2007/09/ph ... expre.html
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: "Photoshop Express" RIA sneak-peeked today

That's pretty awesome. Premiere Express' functionality is very rudimentary, even less advanced than Windows Movie Maker. But the fact that you can use it from just about any computer with a web browser and that your video is automatically ready for publishing online is quite amazing. Photoshop Express will do the same.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9