Thread: 6 hours between connection in PHX (what to do)

6 hours between connection in PHX (what to do)

Tomorrow in route to OMA I have 6 hours connection time. I am likely going to swing by the company store in tempe for USAirways and have a look while trying not to spend too much cash there. Is there anything nearby like an in and out perhaps at PHX?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: 6 hours between connection in PHX (what to do)

Spellman, the roof of the T4 Parking Garages are an awesome place for photographing and (in your case) watching airplanes. The second from top floor is best as you get some shade.

If you go to US Baggage Service they will give you the number to call for the free Shuttle to the Sand Castle (US Corp HDQ) just show your company ID. In addition to the Company Store the public lobby at HDQ is a MUST SEE as their are about 11 large aircraft models on display, each probably about 5 feet long plus 4 display case's with artifacts from the carriers that merged to form US. You will be impressed trust me and for non US Employees reading this all is open to the public and free if you are ever in Tempe.

And finally the area around CHQ is really nice and includes the campus of the Univ of Arizona. There are dozens of eating and drinking establishments with in walking distance and most have nice young college girls working at them, could be fun, just don't forget to fly to OMA.

Have fun Hiss and hi to Idle

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    Spellman, the roof of the T4 Parking Garages are an awesome place for photographing and (in your case) watching airplanes. The second from top floor is best as you get some shade.

If you go to US Baggage Service they will give you the number to call for the free Shuttle to the Sand Castle (US Corp HDQ) just show your company ID. In addition to the Company Store the public lobby at HDQ is a MUST SEE as their are about 11 large aircraft models on display, each probably about 5 feet long plus 4 display case's with artifacts from the carriers that merged to form US. You will be impressed trust me and for non US Employees reading this all is open to the public and free if you are ever in Tempe.

And finally the area around CHQ is really nice and includes the campus of the Univ of Arizona. There are dozens of eating and drinking establishments with in walking distance and most have nice young college girls working at them, could be fun, just don't forget to fly to OMA.

Have fun Hiss and hi to Idle

LGA777
    They call US's HQ the sand castle? That is awesome!

So I made it, I was totally messed up with times zones in PHX because I was thinking it is mountain time but because they do not abide by daylight savings time down there it was actually pacific time and I was an hour ahead on everything when I set my watch. The girls in the PHX area were great. I will be back in PHX for a few hours on Monday and I intend to make the best of it as a real good freind from Utah that now lives in PHX and I are going out for a little bit. As a side not I saw a few special schemes in PHX and one particular one I think they were called kungpow or something on a Mesa CR2. The day was real long. I was up from 4 AM Eastern time through till like 245 AM eastern time and flew about 7 hours throughout the day.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Isn't that where Josh lives? Perhaps you can PM him and see if you can meet up?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

So I am going to roll the dice on where I want to go tomorrow. Initally I intended to do the carribean but that trip probably will not materialize as a result of the rediculous amount of money I spent in one night in PIT. I will more than likely either go home to my house in Florida or just back home to NY. I debated going to Germany for a day or two and ruled it out.