Thread: Sen. Craig Supporters Call for Boycott of MSP

Sen. Craig Supporters Call for Boycott of MSP

Craig supporters call for boycott of Minneapolis airport

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

BATTLE GROUND, Wash. -- Supporters of Sen. Larry Craig with the American Land Rights Association are calling for a boycott of the Minneapolis-Saint Paul Airport.

The Battle Ground (Washington) based association says airport police who arrested the senator in a men's room sex sting are responsible for weakening private property rights in the West. Craig is a Republican member of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

The American Land Rights Association, which has an office in Washington, D-C, advocates for the use of federal lands and against what it calls federal "land grabs."

The association says the airport should apologize to Craig for what it calls "ambushing" the senator.

Craig is trying to withdraw his guilty plea in the Minnesota case, and if he can do that he would change his mind about resigning.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Re: Sen. Craig Supporters Call for Boycott of MSP

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    The Battle Ground (Washington) based association says airport police who arrested the senator in a men's room sex sting are responsible for weakening private property rights in the West. Craig is a Republican member of the Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee.

how's that work?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Great convoluted story.

Wondering when it will come out in a major motion picture?!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I think the cop jumped the gun on this one. Even if the senator was sending signals the officer should have waited for more a overt sign or a proposition. This really seems to be a set up of an overzealous cop.

The senator should not have pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor just to get rid of it but thats what they do. Try to fix it and move on.

I think this is being blown (excuse the pun) out of proportion due to the critical balance of seats in congress. If the opposite party can gain more seats by pushing people out they will.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I don't understand why the Senator didn't immediately enter "rehab" like every other well-known person does after being caught in an embarrassing position, thereby absolving them of their sins since they're "sick."
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

So his supporters are against airports that go after bathroom sex romps?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

As luck would have it I was back in MSP last week when the story broke and still don't know ho this could have played out. I spent 7 years of my life working in that airport and never, not once, heard even a rumor that tapping your foot was the signal that one wanted a visitor in the stall with him. Now the cop says this is an ongoing problem, sorry this just doesn't pass the smell test. If I never even heard a whisper of this code working in that airport for 7 years, having used that very restroom dozens of times (err, that would be for it's intended purpose), and had several coworkers who would have not done that, but bragged about it as well (yeah I know they are a crazy bunch out there, but it's equal opportunity craziness the straights, gays, lesbians, and everyone else are equally nuts there). So now how did a Senator from Idaho know this secret code for I'll hold yours if you hold mine? I know out there the tapes of the inital post arrest interview were played on local media, don't know if national played them, and they sound like the cop blew it. There was a whole argument of whether the guy was signaling or not, picking up a piece of paper or not, etc. Short version he was a fool for pleading guilty.
    Flight Schedule / flight sched·ule / (noun) - An entertaining work of fiction.

I think the tapping is a general code EVERYWHERE, and can be used anywhere. I don't think it was just limited to MSP, and it's not the kind of rumor that you hear..."Hey, bro, go tap on the bathroom floor and see what happens!!! LLOloloLooOL!!!" It's no secret that airport bathrooms have always been a place for sexual activity. There's all kinds of perverts in there.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    I think the cop jumped the gun on this one. Even if the senator was sending signals the officer should have waited for more a overt sign or a proposition. This really seems to be a set up of an overzealous cop.

The senator should not have pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor just to get rid of it but thats what they do. Try to fix it and move on.

I think this is being blown (excuse the pun) out of proportion due to the critical balance of seats in congress. If the opposite party can gain more seats by pushing people out they will.
    I have to agree with EMS here. Listening to the tapes I think the cop jumped the gun here. He def should have waited for Craig to do something with more intent. However I do believe Craig probably would have done something if he could have. From my perspective it just seems he could have told the cop "what’s the big deal? I tapped my foot, you want to charge me go ahead I'll see you in court." He could have pled innocent got a good lawyer and raked that cop over the coals.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Even if the senator was sending signals the officer should have waited for more a overt sign or a proposition. This really seems to be a set up of an overzealous cop.
    I agree, I just imagine a man like Craig (If he is into sex favors with men) would do something as stupid as that. A mens room in an airport is too public a place.
    This behavior goes on mostly in Truck stops and adult book stores.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nick, I hate saying I know this, but it's been well documented that sexual favors in airport bathrooms are fairly common everywhere. You'll find it in the news a bit, too.

I do agree that the cop jumped the gun. Craig should say "The officer also failed to note that I was humming the theme to Hawaii-Five-O at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass Flyboy
    So now how did a Senator from Idaho know this secret code for I'll hold yours if you hold mine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I do agree that the cop jumped the gun. Craig should say "The officer also failed to note that I was humming the theme to Hawaii-Five-O at the same time.
    ROFL
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    A mens room in an airport is too public a place.
    This behavior goes on mostly in Truck stops and adult book stores.
    And you know this how, Nick?