Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southwest: Fat Smelly Dudes OK, Hot Girls in Short Skirts NO

Southwest: Fat Smelly Dudes OK, Hot Girls in Short Skirts NO

Southwest tried to kick this lady off a flight because her outfit was "inappropriate."

Read more: http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... braun.html
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Southwest: Fat Smelly Dudes OK, Hot Girls in Short Skirts NO

Awww come on now!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I've seen worse on an airplane. Southwest, of all airlines, is very relaxed.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Unreal! What's next? Everyone has to wear long sleeves, long pants, & sneakers every day of the year?
    There was nothing wrong with that outfit.

Maybe she was not wearing undergarments?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    Maybe she was not wearing undergarments?
    Nice thought. :shock:

The article said the problem thaty had with her was that she wore that outfit with high heels.
    If she was in flip-flops it would have been acceptable. You have got to be kidding me!

I have a feeling there's more to this story than we're hearing from her side.

Something doesn't smell right here....her she had to be wearing something that would have sparked this to happen. I've been on a number of WN flights where woman have worn rather revealing clothing and nothing was said. Take a look at that picture, that skirt is really high up, looks higher then normal and her legs are crossed. So it wouldn't surprise me if you were able to see a bit more then normal. WN does have the right to boot you off a flight for w/e reason they want, its not a civil right to fly. Just read the contract of carriage.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

I love the conservative pose in the chair. I just flew home on WN and a couple of girls had close to that on. Tommy is right though, the carrier reserves the right. Judgement call.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Here is a video showing more of the story, and another photo of her in the outfit:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/200 ... .skirt.cnn

I want to point out one thing. These photos were SURELY taken AFTER she "adjusted" her outfit. Her tank top is pulled up to the max and her skirt very low on her hips. From the looks of the garmetns, she likely had way more cleavage showing and little left to the imagination on the bottom as well, prior to the adjustments.

I disagree with how this situation was handled by the airline...I really do. Southwest doesn't have a dresscode and she certainly wasn't indecent to a point of being offensive to the majority of people BUT I also don't think she was as innocent as she's trying to come across. That outfit was much skimpier in reality than those photos implied.

If a skanky outfit makes other passengers uncomfortable, then the airline should be allowed to ask her to adjust her clothing. Removing her from the flight on the other hand, if that part is true, is too far.

I have volunteered to review what she was wearing and how she was wearing it personally but I haven't heard anything yet. :twisted:
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Interview with the "victim" -> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20641687/

FYI: You can see her panties when she sits down before she crosses her legs and while she's crossing them...and that's after she tugs to pull the skirt down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Interview with the "victim" -> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20641687/

FYI: You can see her panties when she sits down before she crosses her legs and while she's crossing them...and that's after she tugs to pull the skirt down.
    And the problem is???
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

You can see her panties when she sits down and she has thousands of watts of studio lighting shined on her. Unless she was sitting in an aisle seat and a guy turned around to watch her cross and uncross her legs nobody would see anything. And the shirt is no more revealing than a flight attendant's outfit.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9