Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can You Say New iPod's?

Can You Say New iPod's?

Take a look:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/

I know what I want for Christmas!

Re: Can You Say New iPod's?

Truly another slam dunk by Apple. I love my iPhone, don't regret buying it at all. Granted, there were some issues during it's launch but they have worked most of them out. They are also launching a WiFi music store shortly - which is definitely bad news for my checking account! :-)

My damn iPod won't turn on or respond when I plug it in to my computer or to a power source. And yes, I tried holding the silly buttons and such, and no it's not on lock mode. So I went to the apple store last week in SoHo to see about getting it fixed. Some woman told me to go to the "genius bar". I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. What's wrong with 'help desk!? Anyways the surly apple employee rudely pointed me to a computer where it told me there was a 2 hour wait! And this was at 9am!!! I guess lots of people's ipods/macs are having problems! So right now I have a very expensive paperweight until I have time to go to an apple store.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    My damn iPod won't turn on or respond when I plug it in to my computer or to a power source. And yes, I tried holding the silly buttons and such, and no it's not on lock mode. So I went to the apple store last week in SoHo to see about getting it fixed. Some woman told me to go to the "genius bar". I didn't know what the heck she was talking about. What's wrong with 'help desk!? Anyways the surly apple employee rudely pointed me to a computer where it told me there was a 2 hour wait! And this was at 9am!!! I guess lots of people's ipods/macs are having problems! So right now I have a very expensive paperweight until I have time to go to an apple store.

dude, the help desk is open till midnight. i went during the day, made the appointment for like 2330 then went home. went back that late and there was nobody out. even managed to park right in front of the place at that hour. it was great. you can also make the appointment from home through the website.

moral of my story, fight smarter not harder.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

FYI, the 5th Avenue store is open 24/7/365. You can also make a reservation online.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

A lot of people visit the Genius Bar for classes and training on various applications and what not. What version iPod do you have?

So is the iPOD touch an iPhone without the phone capabilities? It sure looks like it.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    So is the iPOD touch an iPhone without the phone capabilities? It sure looks like it.
    Basically.

In response to some very angry customers who paid twice as much for their iPhones compared to what it is now selling for (including myself), Steve Jobs released this letter to all iPhone customers:

To all iPhone customers:

I have received hundreds of emails from iPhone customers who are upset about Apple dropping the price of iPhone by $200 two months after it went on sale. After reading every one of these emails, I have some observations and conclusions.

First, I am sure that we are making the correct decision to lower the price of the 8GB iPhone from $599 to $399, and that now is the right time to do it. iPhone is a breakthrough product, and we have the chance to 'go for it' this holiday season. iPhone is so far ahead of the competition, and now it will be affordable by even more customers. It benefits both Apple and every iPhone user to get as many new customers as possible in the iPhone 'tent'. We strongly believe the $399 price will help us do just that this holiday season.

Second, being in technology for 30+ years I can attest to the fact that the technology road is bumpy. There is always change and improvement, and there is always someone who bought a product before a particular cutoff date and misses the new price or the new operating system or the new whatever. This is life in the technology lane. If you always wait for the next price cut or to buy the new improved model, you'll never buy any technology product because there is always something better and less expensive on the horizon. The good news is that if you buy products from companies that support them well, like Apple tries to do, you will receive years of useful and satisfying service from them even as newer models are introduced.

Third, even though we are making the right decision to lower the price of iPhone, and even though the technology road is bumpy, we need to do a better job taking care of our early iPhone customers as we aggressively go after new ones with a lower price. Our early customers trusted us, and we must live up to that trust with our actions in moments like these.

Therefore, we have decided to offer every iPhone customer who purchased an iPhone from either Apple or AT&T, and who is not receiving a rebate or any other consideration, a $100 store credit towards the purchase of any product at an Apple Retail Store or the Apple Online Store. Details are still being worked out and will be posted on Apple's website next week. Stay tuned.

We want to do the right thing for our valued iPhone customers. We apologize for disappointing some of you, and we are doing our best to live up to your high expectations of Apple.

Steve Jobs
    Apple CEO

A very kind move by Jobs. I personally think that anyone who complains is an idiot. The extra $200 they paid was the price that they knew they were paying in order to be the cool guy that first had the thing. Any dimwit would know the price would come down.

The funny part is that the people who bought them just to resell them on Ebay for thousands will be the ones getting those $100 credits, furthering their profit. Good for them.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Well, I just ordered my iTouch! :mrgreen:

Oh come on, Apple is 3 steps BEHIND the competition on this!

Anyone ever hear of Archos, or perhaps the Zune? The Zune already has wireless capabilities.... Nothing new or "revolutionary" there Apple...

Actually funny story about that, my friend (a long time Ipod user) and I were at the mall, and his Ipod was freezing and scratched up like hell (Like the Ipods do...) so we went to the mac store, signed up for an appointment (grr.... 3 hrs away!) so while we were waiting we went to Sharper Image and messed around with a Zune, right then and there he bought a Zune to replace his 30GB Ipod Video. We ended up going to the desk, said they would fix the freezing.... for $100!! So now there is one more happy Zune user!

Its sooo nice of Apple to finally put a screen on the Shuffle! OMGZWTF??? Such a lame-ass product till now... No screen was stupid! At least now it's a half-decent product...

Alright, I wouldn't mind these new products if Mac wouldn't make such a big deal about it, it was done by the competition before, the only thing that wasn't was this "touch Ipod" but that is just a dumbed down Iphone (which has it's problems itself...) Just leave it to Apple to over-hype everything....

-Oh and P.S. I use a mac 5 days a week, and use an Ipod all the time, so it's not like I don't know the technical details of either, I am actually an IT student now working on his CompTIA A+ certification and Cisco CCNA certification, so I am very familiar with Mac, Linux, Unix, and Windows ;)

-Rant Over 8)
    nwa FOREVER!

They didn't add a screen to the shuffle, Matt. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    They didn't add a screen to the shuffle, Matt. ;)
    Blame the Ann Arbor News, the headline was "New Ipod shuffle", took a quick glance at things, maybe I just misread.

Alright, that brings me to a new point.... PUT A FREAKIN SCREEN ON THAT THING! There is no excuse for that! The competition has it on small MP3 players, it is pathedic not to have it.... Even more sad is the competition (such as the Creative Zen V) is actually cheaper than the Shuffle....

C'mon Apple, I don't like giving you a hard time, but stop with the media spin!
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Oh come on, Apple is 3 steps BEHIND the competition on this!

Anyone ever hear of Archos, or perhaps the Zune? The Zune already has wireless capabilities.... Nothing new or "revolutionary" there Apple...
    Actually not a lot of people have, you know why? They don't advertise like Apple does therefore Apple wins in this case, they sell more products because more people know about them. Perhaps if your "precious" Zune would take a step up in advertisement then maybe we can talk. ;)