Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can You Say New iPod's?

Re: Can You Say New iPod's?

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Oh come on, Apple is 3 steps BEHIND the competition on this!

Anyone ever hear of Archos, or perhaps the Zune? The Zune already has wireless capabilities.... Nothing new or "revolutionary" there Apple...
    Actually not a lot of people have, you know why? They don't advertise like Apple does therefore Apple wins in this case, they sell more products because more people know about them. Perhaps if your "precious" Zune would take a step up in advertisement then maybe we can talk. ;)

Gordon,

I will be the FIRST to tell you that that Apple marketed the Ipod greatly. That is why they have the market share they do. You cannot argue with that.

BUT!!!! Market share and advertising DOES NOT mean a product is better than the other because if we are going to argue that way, Windows beats Mac by no comparason (Mac: 6% MS, Windows 93% MS, Linux 1% MS)
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    The funny part is that the people who bought them just to resell them on Ebay for thousands will be the ones getting those $100 credits, furthering their profit. Good for them.
    The people who bought them expecting they'd be able to capitalize on a short supply of iPhones will only be reducing their loss to $500 since there was no shortage. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Oh come on, Apple is 3 steps BEHIND the competition on this!

Anyone ever hear of Archos, or perhaps the Zune? The Zune already has wireless capabilities.... Nothing new or "revolutionary" there Apple...
    Actually not a lot of people have, you know why? They don't advertise like Apple does therefore Apple wins in this case, they sell more products because more people know about them. Perhaps if your "precious" Zune would take a step up in advertisement then maybe we can talk. ;)

Gordon,

I will be the FIRST to tell you that that Apple marketed the Ipod greatly. That is why they have the market share they do. You cannot argue with that.

BUT!!!! Market share and advertising DOES NOT mean a product is better than the other because if we are going to argue that way, Windows beats Mac by no comparason (Mac: 6% MS, Windows 93% MS, Linux 1% MS)
    Problem with the Zune is the bat life, it doesn't last for **** and they were to slow to correct the problem basically killing any chance the Zune would take off. Honestly I think the iPod is a much better product, its simple, elegant, and it works great. I wouldn't give up my iPod for anything Microsoft comes out with.

Quote Originally Posted by DLSimTech
    Truly another slam dunk by Apple. I love my iPhone, don't regret buying it at all. Granted, there were some issues during it's launch but they have worked most of them out. They are also launching a WiFi music store shortly - which is definitely bad news for my checking account! :-)

Actually, not really. Reaction to the new iPod wasn't that great and Apple's stock has been destroyed the last few days. This new product is essentially a iPhone without the phone capabilities and it only has 16GB of memory. I don't think it will sell all that well. Not to mention the $100 rebate that will cost Apple over $100 million in lost revenue.

Apple is really innovative, "hip" and I like some of their new products, but the iPod and the $100 rebates were pretty bad blunders. And Google is coming out with their new gPhone soon, which supposedly will have similar capabilities to the iPhone. I see some tough times ahead.

New iPods.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

Problem with the Zune is the bat life, it doesn't last for **** and they were to slow to correct the problem basically killing any chance the Zune would take off. Honestly I think the iPod is a much better product, its simple, elegant, and it works great. I wouldn't give up my iPod for anything Microsoft comes out with.
    Actually, the Zune battery life is only rated 4 hrs lower than the Ipod, and for a screen twice the size, that is pretty damn good.
    nwa FOREVER!

My new iPod touch arrived today, it's great!

By the way this is written from it. :)

Having the iPod nano I can safely say that it is a peice of garbage. I have had poor battery life problems and the headset jack on it broke and forced me to send it back to be repaired.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Having the iPod nano I can safely say that it is a peice of garbage. I have had poor battery life problems and the headset jack on it broke and forced me to send it back to be repaired.
    Which version of it do you have? The one I have (had) could get almost a full day of battery. It was the last version of the non-video ones.

I do not know the version number off hand. I got it winter of 2005 so I assume the first and I have no video capibility on it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"