Thread: Air Train

Air Train

So Friday morning I have a 645 departure out of JFK to PHX and I have decided it would be more cost efficent to leave the car at home this time and use public transportation to get to JFK. I have already established I will be on the 0314 train to Jamaica station from Long Beach. I tried to get on the air train site and it appeared to be down. Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for that train and if it is 24/7 365. If so what incriments does it run on. Thanks
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Re: Air Train

It does run 24/7/365. Between 11pm and 6am AirTrain leaves Jamaica every 12 minutes. Check out Trips123.com...it works like Mapquest for mass transit, and it includes all the area's transit services, such as LIRR and Airtrain...just put in your home address and your destination (JFK Terminal 7, Jamaica, NY) and the time you want to arrive and it will tell you the best route and times.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    So Friday morning I have a 645 departure out of JFK to PHX and I have decided it would be more cost efficent to leave the car at home this time and use public transportation to get to JFK. I have already established I will be on the 0314 train to Jamaica station from Long Beach. I tried to get on the air train site and it appeared to be down. Can anyone tell me what the schedule is for that train and if it is 24/7 365. If so what incriments does it run on. Thanks

So you're going all the way to Jamaica and then back to JFK? Cost effective yes....efficient from Long Beach..NO. Why not just take a cab from where you live Ryan?

Good point, Just the el cheapo in me coming out I guess, I do not have to tip the train drivers. Good point to consider though.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

If he's coming from Long Beach, his original itin sounds fine to me. How else would he do it? Long is kinda far for a cab. The Air Train is a fun experience.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    If he's coming from Long Beach, his original itin sounds fine to me. How else would he do it? Long is kinda far for a cab. The Air Train is a fun experience.
    A cab is far more efficent. Ryan has to go past JFK from where he lives north to Jamaica and then back south to JFK. Long Beach is 15 mins from JFK, taking the Airtrain makes it an hour trip or more.