Thread: Queen Mary 2

Queen Mary 2

You guys have got to see the Queen Mary 2 when she's docked in Brooklyn. It's amazing to see her up close. I was staring in awe. She is well-guarded but I was not chased away, unlike at JFK, and you can take as many photos as you want. Try to come after 5 PM when she leaves port. It's awesome. The best part, I didn't have to worry about her departing from a different runway. How many times did I wait to watch the Concorde land or depart only to have her use a different runway and my day was spoiled.

Re: Queen Mary 2

I recently read on a photography forum that I frequent that all 3 Queens - Queen Mary 2, Queen Elizabeth 2 and Queen Victoria will all be at the Brooklyn cruise ship terminal in January 2008. Cunard is planning some sort of celebration, with fireworks and such, to mark the occasion. Sounds like it should be quite a photo op. If I hear anything more, I'll pass it along.

Ironic enough my mom and dad just called me about an hour and a half ago and they were on the QM docked in Long Beach, California having dinner before my mom hops a red eye back to NY.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Ironic enough my mom and dad just called me about an hour and a half ago and they were on the QM docked in Long Beach, California having dinner before my mom hops a red eye back to NY.
    I was on the QM back in July. There really isn't a wide selection of food available on board. Unless you have a very large wallet. :roll:

My dad had the surf and turf which was pretty steep for my wallet according to what I heard they payed.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"