Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JFK - Sept 1

Re: JFK - Sept 1

Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot
    Ah, that's very useful, thanks.

(I assume Firestone is over by Boston Market et al.?)
    Yes, it's right across the street.

As the others have said, Saturday was a great day of spotting and hanging out with friends. I really enjoyed seeing Phil, Tommy, Moose, John, Gordon Jr. and Gordon Sr., and it was very nice to meet Matt, Will, Adam, "The Other Phil" and "The Other Josh" :). In terms of spotting, I was really happy to finally get the TNT 757, which I shot from Bayswater in the a.m. I also enjoyed seeing, among other things, the morning Emirates 773 arrival, Virgin America, Caribbean Airlines, the Evergreen Supertanker, a US/HP 757, KLM and Turkish A330s (which have always eluded me for some reason), Virgin 744 G-VHOT without the flying lady sticker, the Etihad departure over Howard Beach and a China Airlines Cargo 744. And, the weather was as good as I have ever seen it in the summertime -- absolutely no haze whatsoever.

I didn't end up heading out today (I had some work to do), but I will be back in November for the week of Thanksgiving, and I look forward to seeing everyone out there again. In the meantime, if anyone ever will be in PHX, please drop me a line and I'd be happy to show you around my hometown airport.

Take care.

Josh

P.S. -- Gordon, those 04L departure shots look absolutely gorgeous on my camera's LCD screen, and I can't wait to edit them. Thanks again to you and your dad for making those shots happen. Although I suppose it would be accurate to say that it was my initial help (or, shall I say, my car battery's help) that made those shots possible! :)

What a weekend for spotting, it was great to see everyone again yesterday, and Matt, it was nice meeting you. I haven't had a chance to edit my Firestone pics yet, so here's my Howard Beach share from yesterday morning.

The one everyone was hoping to get:

Another JAL classic:

Even the ERJ's got into the mix

I won't hit the Firestone shots until tomorrow at the earliest, but it seems I again left just a little too soon. Nice job on the Supertanker Moose!

I love the supertanker shots! Wish I had that thing! NICE CATCH!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

As others have said yesterday was a great day. It was nice to see some familiar faces and to meet others for the first time, including Josh Akbar who nicely let me drive around with him.

There are a lot of pictures to go through, but I thought I would share just one.

A big thanks to Gordon. 8)
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Great shots everyone, John I love your Howard Beach shots, especially the Delta.

Bill

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Really lovely HoBe shots John!

Sorry to have missed you Josh. Glad you had a great weekend for it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Klos, I think that's the first Aeromexico -700 I've seen in new colors!! The Delta is great, too.

It was so great to be out there yesterday. I've been out with the crowd since October, and it was just awesome. This is the first of what will now be me coming out regularly again. I hope to edit and post some pics of mine soon.

I also sustained what I think is the first spotting-related hospital visit. We tried to start the day with some College Point shoreline LGA spotting and i cut my hand while climbing down a hill, which required a few stitches at the hospital. A little over an hour later, we were headed to JFK to keep spotting, where I took shots with my wrapped up gimp hand. I'm now typing with oner hand. lol
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Here's a few of mine from JFK and LGA.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

wow, really nice shot of N700UW
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Great Shots guys, sorry I missed out on the spotting gathering. I really wished I could have made it, however I had tickets to the US OPEN all weekend. I did manage to get a couple of shots from my seat a Armstrong Stadium.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Very nice shots of the Delta 757-200W, John!

I figured I should edit the last shot of the day yesterday:

And thanks to Josh Akbar for the jump. ;)

Gordon, that last shots looks so crisp andfake, in a good way. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Great shots all! Some really nice catches in there, especially N702TW and the Evergreen Supertanker! Moose, I'm totally jealous about Supertanker, you know I've been trying to get her in the air again since May!

On a side note, did anyone who was out Saturday morning happen to catch N658JB (Simpsons A320) departing 4L at around 10-10:30 AM? If so, that was me going up to ROC. Shoot me a message if anyone caught it.
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection