Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 911

Re: 911

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    I didn't call 911 myself but I did call 311 three times in the past 6 months.

1. I saw 2 raccoons in my backyard making strange noises, but then they ran away and the guy said they still needed to be there for them to send someone
    2. A house having construction work done had all this watered down concrete going down the street in front of our house and into the sewer. I called and reported the name of the construction guy.
    3. In South Street Seaport I wanted to buy a soda but a guy on a pushcart was charging 1.50 for a can!!! So there was a woman on line to buy a can from this jerk, and I told her and the next three customers that the woman across the street was selling them for a dollar. The guy started cursing me out, so I called 311, reported his vendor ID, and filed an anonymous police report. I then returned to my perch to tell people about the overpriced soda until he lowered the prices to a dollar.

My friend and I called 911 in Durham, NC when we saw a car engulfed in flames off I-40 (we were like the 10th people to call)

Not to go off topic, but you called 911 because of two raccoons and because of a diluted cement stream?

They dispatched SWAT, right?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

[quote=Phil D.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "RDU-JFK":47701
    I didn't call 911 myself but I did call 311 three times in the past 6 months.

1. I saw 2 raccoons in my backyard making strange noises, but then they ran away and the guy said they still needed to be there for them to send someone
    2. A house having construction work done had all this watered down concrete going down the street in front of our house and into the sewer. I called and reported the name of the construction guy.
    3. In South Street Seaport I wanted to buy a soda but a guy on a pushcart was charging 1.50 for a can!!! So there was a woman on line to buy a can from this jerk, and I told her and the next three customers that the woman across the street was selling them for a dollar. The guy started cursing me out, so I called 311, reported his vendor ID, and filed an anonymous police report. I then returned to my perch to tell people about the overpriced soda until he lowered the prices to a dollar.

My friend and I called 911 in Durham, NC when we saw a car engulfed in flames off I-40 (we were like the 10th people to call)

Not to go off topic, but you called 911 because of two raccoons and because of a diluted cement stream?

They dispatched SWAT, right?[/quote:47701]

C'mon Phil, God gave ya two eyes! Use 'em! :D :D

911 myself but I did call 311 three times in the past 6 months.
    "lol retart"

I only called once a few years ago, when some jerks tried to steal my dirt bike. Good thing I took the key out of it, turned off the fuel, and turned off the safety ignition switch, so they didn't get too far with it. They didn't know I was in the house calling the cops, but they ran before the fuzz got there. Luckily they were stupid, and wandered back to the scene of the crime an hour later to check things out, just as the detective was finishing getting my statement.
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

called 911 a few months ago to report a driver on the Sagtikos that was literally running people off the road in a road rage attack. Ran 2 cars off the road.

CAlled 911 and while I tried to give details of lciense plate and roads traveled, they were much more interested in my details. :roll: :roll:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Four times.

First was when these fighter jets flew over my place when I lived in Jackson Heights. I didn't know that they sometimes land at LGA at that time, so it freaked me out because it was soooo loud.

Second time was to report a fire close to my place.

Third time was to report a car accident.

Fourth time was to report my ex-girlfriend's loser ex-boyfriend who was stalking her and making threatening phone calls.

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Of course these days, many prefer not to be saddled with an ambulance bill, so that has to be taken into account
    Those who work or have worked EMS will tell you different. I've been told many times they cal 911 because they could afford a cab.

Worked the other side of the phone in 84-85. There were many funny calls. My first "falling out" call took me a few minutes to figure out the person didn't go out a window.

I have Onstar and hit the emergency button on an overturn which happen in front of me on the GCP. Didn't have to wait for them to get on the line and the had my location by GPS.

I like 311 because sometimes you need help but not emergent help. I have used it a few times for broken street lights and they were actually fixed before the 10 days given.
    I had a chronic caller in Bensonhurst that would call every 2 weeks at 0615 with "Chest Pain" and would always want to go to NYU on 34th Street in Manhattan. Nice that my shift started at 0600 and we would wind up in Manhattan and not getting back to Brooklyn till around noon because we were stuck with other calls in Manhattan. I did use the signature phrase for most of my frequent flyers tho....."Get your ****ing shoes and lets go."
    You're Never Too Young To Be A Dirty Old Man

As long as you are not one of these people...

http://www.funnyandjokes.com/funny-emer ... calls.html
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

I have called maybe twice, but I have been on the other end of a 911 call thousands of times. It is staggering how many of the calls are b/s. And as much as tv news always show the full on hysterical caller, most callers are very calm. One of my Dispatchers gave instructions for delivering a baby last year.....that was cool to listen to. I work in a 911 center that dispatches Police, Fire, and EMS so we get the full boat of craziness.

Corey