Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Labor Day Weekend Spotting?

Re: Labor Day Weekend Spotting?

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    , if so I'll prob hit LGA since I haven't been there since the winter/spring.

I think I'll be at FRG first in the morning then take a spin over to JFK .
    Tom, just trying to clarify the first post.... First to FRG, then, JFK or LGA???
    All depends Mario, if LGA is on the 4s in the morning I'll go to LGA and not FRG or FRG first if LGA is using another runway. I might also do JFK first if certain things are in place. Yes I know I'm confusing but what I do all depends on Sat morning.

So far, the forecasted winds (NNE/NE) for Saturday look favorable to the 4s. I might hit JFK in the morning from Bayswater if the forecast is right, and then hit FRG in the afternoon after I lose the light. I'm hoping that the forecast is wrong, though; I'd love to get JFK on the 22s again in the afternoon.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

I just confirmed that I am heading out Sunday.
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I'm sure I'll be out at various times and places this weekend, between FRG, JFK, LGA, who knows what else. I'll call the usual suspects, and feel free to give me a call as well.

I'll be at JFK on Saturday. If 4's stay in use all day I'll have to hit up my favorite departure spot which is only usable during 4 departures in the evening!

For anyone thinking of hitting LGA this weekend no runway closeurs are planned.

LGA777

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    For anyone thinking of hitting LGA this weekend no runway closeurs are planned.LGA777
    <mrburns>Exxxxxxxxcellent</mrburns>

The winds right now are forecast due north at a pretty good clip in the morning, shifting to the west and then southwest after noon. So everyone will probably be on the 4s in the morning. After that, LGA will probably stay on EXP31 for as long as possible and JFK will switch to the 31s, then the 22s.

I'll definitely hit JFK in the afternoon. Whether or not I also go to Planeview in the morning depends on how early I can drag myself out of bed :)

Assuming that 04 is the arrival runway at LGA, I will be at Planeview on Saturday morning, probably around 7am. I hope to see lots of people out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    If 4's stay in use all day I'll have to hit up my favorite departure spot which is only usable during 4 departures in the evening!
    Which spot is that?

Josh

I'm planning on being at JFK morning to evening tomorrow and morning only on Sunday. I'm not sure about Monday yet, though.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    If 4's stay in use all day I'll have to hit up my favorite departure spot which is only usable during 4 departures in the evening!
    Which spot is that?

Josh
    It's sort of a suicidal spot along Rockaway and not great for a lot of people but it's a good spot nonetheless. It's a tricky angle as well.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Did anyone get their asses out of bed? The AI 777 came in with the most beautiful light hitting it on 31R. Breathtaking.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Enjoy it. woke up, saw the light but I'm gonna relax this weekend here

Looking forward to seeing your pics. OUr skies here are buzzing with WWII aircraft so I'm in the best spot...my front lawn :mrgreen:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

At JFK, winds favor the 31s but they're landing on the 4s. At LGA, winds favor the 4s but they're landing EXP31. Hmm....

I'm going out this afternoon...if JFK switches to the 31s, I assume I'll see a few of you in the Firestone parking lot. If not, and if LGA is still on EXP31, I might check out the Worlds Fair Marina...the Mets are away this weekend.

Hmmmm, I might have to get out this afternoon or tomorrow.

I wonder if there's a Zipcar lot near JFK?

I know this is short notice, but if anyone is out or knows someone who is out right now, I strongly suspect that N658JB (The Simpsons) is coming in to JFK from ROC at 12:52 as JetBlue flight 27.