Thread: Another Kaliningradavia (KLD) 737 passes through MCO

Another Kaliningradavia (KLD) 737 passes through MCO

We had another KLD 737 pass through MCO this morning SOCA-MCO- and now enroute to CYQX then to BIKF then probably to Russia. The Reg this time was VP-BDBThis shot ws MUCH better than the previous one I got 2 weeks back. I am pleased.

I also had taken note that the Planet Airways 727 at MCO has now been gutted and all useful parts removed and now sits on the fire training ramp along with the
    One Can assum the BA11 is going to disappear shortly.

AAL 727 takena few weeks back

USA BA11
    AAL 727
    TRS DC-9

I was treated to a yummy sunrise this morning on my way to MCO.

Senga

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Another Kaliningradavia (KLD) 737-300 VP-BDB passes through

nice catch. funky looking purple and gold!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Re: Another Kaliningradavia (KLD) 737 passes through MCO

Senga glad to see even with your DCA training schedule you still have time for some interesting shots. Didn't know there was a BAC 1-11 down there would be nice to see it preserved.

I hate those colors :) But very nice catch :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

So are there any furthur pics of my beloved BAC111's past that? ThAt was a teaser for me.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Mario, Rafal
    Yea I like the colors I think they are pretty snazzy. The blue part looks like a Plesiosaur!
    I kind of wish they put the full name of the airline on it. I wish the yellow was Yellow and not orangish. COmpare the Dinosaur witht he KLD colors :)

Nonstop2AUH,
    I'm done with DCA now. But when I was there 5/6 days a week I was too tired to go anywhere really when I was off. I was lucky not too much came in and when something did I was able to go out. Because of that I kept missing my planned MIA trips.

Hiss,
    Heres the BA11. I think its one of the bst catches in FL. I do think its the last representation of this USA livery.
    The stilts make it lookl RALLY lame and not very dignified. I wont knwow hy they kept thsi oen and broke the one witht he gear up. You can see the remains of the other USA BA11 on the forground. The Awsome thing about the BA11 is that over time the Rain has weathered the paint off the USair titles and bring back some identity to the aircraft., WHen Is hot ti back in 2002 you could not make out the titles. Now you can see the titles very clearly.

2002 shots at JP
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=21498
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=21497

Senga

I wonder how long those BACs have been sitting there, seems like US Air retired them around '89 so could be close to 20 years now.

If anyone's interested in the 1-11, pretty comprehensive fan site here:

http://www.bac1-11jet.co.uk/

Not many left flying. In the US, it seems only Northrop Grumman's flight test aircraft are regularly operated.

I have always been a fan of the BA11 and use that site frequently. I used to know when they got to MCO but I forgot. I think it was in 1988, 89 or so like you suggested. I wish I could find the information on those 2 again.

Thats true Nonstop. The NG BA11s are weekly flights.I could use a shot of the NG BA11s.

Unfortunately the Corperate BA11s rarely fly now You can go severla months a flight by them.
    N200JX*, N200EE, N111JX are owned bythe same operator. Based out of UES.
    I see N200JX has been put on the stored list now.

N999BW gets around the most of the corperate flights based at DAL.
    They fly so infrequently that its ahr dot know witch ones are flying and witch ones are not.
    Senga

At least 4 Braniff 111s (some in a hybrid Florida Express livery) were parked at MCO in 1989 I believe. I saw them in 1990 but they were moved out of MCO in that same year.

I'm not sure how long the USAir 111s have been there unfortunately, but they looked fairly intact until about 1999 or 2000. Now they look more like Coors Light beer cans.

Yea the other one with the Gear on looks pretty put together when I was at MCO in 2001. But They did away with that one.