Thread: Two Firefighters Killed Battling Deutsche Bank Blaze

Two Firefighters Killed Battling Deutsche Bank Blaze

Sources tell NY1 that two firefighters have died fighting a massive seven-alarm blaze at the former headquarters of Deutsche Bank in Lower Manhattan.

The fire started shortly after 3:30 this afternoon on the 20th floor of the vacant building known as the Deutsche Bank building, which sustained severely damage in the September 11th terrorist attacks.

The Associated Press reports that city officials are concerned about the possibility that the structure is susceptible to further collapse.

Hundreds of firefighters from across the city responded to the blaze, which sent dark smoke into the air over Lower Manhattan in a scene reminiscent of the attacks of six years ago.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Re: Two Firefighters Killed Battling Deutsche Bank Blaze

Wow, RIP to the firefighters,

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    which sustained severely damage
    Someone at AP needs to proof read!
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

im wondering if the fire there wasn't the same in origin as the one that took down the river front factories in my neighborhood not too long ago....

another sad day for FDNY. :cry: :cry:
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I was wondering about the smoke that I was seeing from EWR coming from downtown.

I saw it a touch from my view point at work but really did not pay mind untill someone turned on the tube about it. RIP to the FDNY guys. It is very unfortuneate.. Bad year for them too.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Sad. I saw the smoke from Midtown.

im wondering if the fire there wasn't the same in origin as the one that took down the river front factories in my neighborhood not too long ago....
    Probably not. Those factories were burned so they would have to be torn down...the Deutsche Bank Building was already being torn down.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I was very sad when I heard. Especially considering the death and trauma that the area and building has already received.

What was in there to burn? I thought most of it would have been gutted out and a fire easily contained.

RIP to them. :(
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

>Sources tell NY1 that two firefighters have died fighting a massive seven-alarm blaze at the former headquarters of Deutsche Bank in Lower Manhattan. >

I was stunned when I saw the report on the 10PM news!! So sad. That building has been nothing
    but trouble since 9/11.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    What was in there to burn? I thought most of it would have been gutted out and a fire easily contained.

They were doing asbestos abatement so there was a lot of wood so they could box up the materials.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

My wife and I were friends with Bobby Beddia, the 53 yr old from Staten Island, The best thing I can say about him was he was an all around Good Guy and a great friend
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

My wife and I were friends with Bobby Beddia, the 53 yr old from Staten Island, The best thing I can say about him was he was an all around Good Guy and a great friend
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. From all reports we lost two REALLY GOOD GUYS!! :cry:

Very sad, it's like 9/11 claimed 2 more victims. I worked in the WTC in the early '90s and will never forget how, while following the crowd down the stairs during the '93 bombing, the FDNY guys were coming UP the stairs and with their equipment on. I don't think I've ever seen anyone with bigger, er, cojones than that, it truly takes a special breed to be willing to rush in when others are rushing out. In a city that is increasingly transient and impersonal, it particularly saddens me we lost two local guys who dedicated their lives to serving the community.

>. I worked in the WTC in the early '90s and will never forget how, while following the crowd down the stairs during the '93 bombing, the FDNY guys were coming UP the stairs and with their equipment on. <

Yeah and were they PISSED when ESU was coming DOWN from the roof courtesy of Aviation.

Just found out one of the firemen who died, Joseph Graf***nino, was the brother-in-law of a co-worker of mine. On what would have been his 34th birthday yesterday, his parents picked out a grave and his sister (my co-worker's wife) had a baby. :(

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08212007/ne ... os_sis.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

What I find simply heartbreaking is these two guys responded to the WTC site on 9/11/01 only to die there a few years later as a result of what happened that day.