Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incident at World's Fair Marina

Re: Incident at World's Fair Marina

We've had at least a couple of instances of people taking down license plates at Planeview Park.

Must be something in the water over there....

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

People should be taking down a license plate as opposed to confronting someone when they have no authority to.

If you are not doing anything wrong it shouldn't bother you.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Well, taking down a license plate will probably give the persona visit from the police at your home or maybe even a tail for a few days, no?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Well, taking down a license plate will probably give the persona visit from the police at your home or maybe even a tail for a few days, no?
    I got a little too close to the Janet terminal at LAS with my camera and some guy in a white pickup drove up and wrote mine down. No big deal. I have nothing to hide.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.

PAPD??? :roll: That means they would have to get out of the car :lol:
    NYPD?? Not unless you committed a crime.
    FBI?? Not a big enough fish
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    People should be taking down a license plate as opposed to confronting someone when they have no authority to.

If you are not doing anything wrong it shouldn't bother you.
    A while back I was running around doing some errands, and stopped at the local fast food place for lunch. I was sitting out in the car eating, when I saw a tow truck pull up to a nearby car (with no driver or store employees around) hook up and tow it away. Don't know if it was stalled, illegally parked, or whatnot. I grabbed the camera from the back seat, and took a few shots (through the windshield). I figured if I heard about someone stealing cars disguised as a tow truck operator, I would pass them along to the PD, but I sure wasn't going to get in the guy's face over it.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    A while back I was running around doing some errands, and stopped at the local fast food place for lunch. I was sitting out in the car eating, when I saw a tow truck pull up to a nearby car (with no driver or store employees around) hook up and tow it away. Don't know if it was stalled, illegally parked, or whatnot. I grabbed the camera from the back seat, and took a few shots (through the windshield). I figured if I heard about someone stealing cars disguised as a tow truck operator, I would pass them along to the PD, but I sure wasn't going to get in the guy's face over it.
    Or - it was a REPO Moose - that happens a lot - they just hook up and go....
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

I have seen DOT in Manhattan hook without even writing the summons, they write it when they get to the pound.

As far as the fast food joints and private tows snagging cars, a famous one use to be the Roy Rogers next to St. John's Hospital on Queens Blvd. I blocked the tow with my bus (slang for Ambulance) back in the 80's when I saw them hook an old man's car and he was on line in the store. We walked in and spoke to the man and had him shove his receipt in the manager's face. The tow guy booted the car and tried the "nothing I can do" excuse. Well the old man's son worked NYPD ESU and guess who showed up. Ever see what damage a Hurst Tool can do to a wheel boot?

Boy was the tow guy pissed!!! :mrgreen:
    Ronald Reagan

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    Ever see what damage a Hurst Tool can do to a wheel boot?
    Is it similar to the damage caused by a jackhammer? :)