Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popping the Cherry with Virgin America

Re: Popping the Cherry with Virgin America

LEDs, Tommy. I just read this afternoon they have 12 different "phases". For my first flight, the mood lighting was blue and for the second (return) flight it was a much deeper and darker blue. The purple/pink did not seem to change much.

Thanks again, everyone.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Since I last read this, I boarded N626VA and Will's impressions were spot on.
    Some technicians were aboard doing some last minute checks to the IFE system.

I only had a look at the seats up front and they looked like my Stressless chair at home, cushy looking leather. But only 8 first class seats. 10-12 would be better on the transcons, IMHO.

Honestly feels like a lounge when you step in. I like that mood created prior toward a possibly grueling trip, <depending on the circumstances.>

If VA does do well, as I hope they will, and does go with the 787, which is billing itself as having the capability to make passengers feel better, with better humidity and pressurisation, then I am SOLD.

Enhanced comfort and travel as a function of mood ligghting, and cabin humidity and pressurisation + link up to VS's loyalty=win-win=I may leave AAdvantage
    :shock: :shock:
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Virgin America needs to come to Florida...I imagine it will soon, but that is an airline I will make an effort to fly once it does!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

A bit off topic but is it wise of VA to have named an aircraft in honor of Stephen Colbert given that most of his family was killed in the crash of an airliner?

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    A bit off topic but is it wise of VA to have named an aircraft in honor of Stephen Colbert given that most of his family was killed in the crash of an airliner?
    Well, Stephen Colbert is quite an icon with the demographic Virgin is appealing to.

If he had any objections (and I doubt he did since he was on the inaugural JFK-SFO flight), I'm sure he would have said something.

Plus, people move on with their lives.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Never heard of COlbert's crash incident. Recent?
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Never heard of Colbert's crash incident. Recent?
    No, it happened in 1974, an EAL DC-9 crashed in fog landing at Charlotte. He was about 10 at the time.

Colbert lost two brothers and his father in the crash. The date was September 11, 1974.

Such a shame. :(

Not to go off topic, but the Colbert-related incident was this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Ai ... Flight_212
    Even though people move on, I still find it kind of odd that someone with this in their family history would actively endorse an airline. And I kind of wonder why Virgin would want the association if people might see it and think "you know, his family died in a plane crash." Maybe I'm just too old to get the irony of Colbert (and Virgin's) hipster demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Not to go off topic, but the Colbert-related incident was this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Ai ... Flight_212
    Even though people move on, I still find it kind of odd that someone with this in their family history would actively endorse an airline. And I kind of wonder why Virgin would want the association if people might see it and think "you know, his family died in a plane crash." Maybe I'm just too old to get the irony of Colbert (and Virgin's) hipster demographic.

Then again, I'm a recent fan of Colbert and never knew about the crash history til Monday. So perhaps most people don't know.

As for Colbert himself, it says he missed the aircraft naming ceremony b/c he was stuck in traffic. Though this is probably true, you never know what truly was going on in his mind.
    Sure teh accident was 30+ years ago, but I am sure he has coped and doesn't 'avoid' planes, does he?