Thread: And he said let there be football

And he said let there be football

Well I have watched my first football game of the pre season, well two. The Jets my beloved team was outstanding from the second on. This kid Campbell is absolutely fantastic. Who the heck needs Pennington. This guy was amazing against the Atlanta defense tonight. I see alot of potential in what is considered the second string. Granted Atlanta also tossed many second and third stringers out there Campbell and Sean Ryan had fantastic chemistry out there. I think we could have a passing game this year if we get this kid out there and sit Pennington. Washington was great on his feet too. There were a few out there that I see no place for on the team but after tonight I am hyped and excited for the season. The first two games of the season are going to be the test to determine what the Jets potential is for the year.

As for Atlanta, they still have a strong team without their three franchise players in my personal opinion. The talent in their new guys and draft pickups is average to above average or at least for what I would expect from a powerhouse of talent like ATL. I think I need to play wait and see a little more as it is the first gameo f the pre season.

Buffalo was pretty strong as was new Enghland (no suprise). Tampa shocked me with their offense out there as well today but than again it is Tampa and from being a semi local and semi regular at games there in Tampa when I was a bit younger I have learned to never get excited.

NOLA has a bit of skill behind the pig skin in their fresh QB as well. This kid has potential. I do not recall the name but I was pleased with his on feild performance none the less.

What does everyone else think about the preseason games tonight?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Re: And he said let their be football

I think a lot of people are underestimating Atlanta. Joey Harrington is not a bad quarterback...he has just spent his entire career on bad teams. And Bobby Petrino certainly knows what he's doing. I wouldn't be surprised to see them win 8 or 9 games and be in contention for a wild card. New Orleans will run away with that division though. I agree that their second-string QB (Tyler Palco) was impressive...I didn't watch much of the game, but from what I saw it looked like he had tremendous pocket presence and decision-making for a rookie.

I'll probably watch the game tonight while I'm working on the pics I took at Bayswater today, although I don't really care about Washington or Tennessee :)

Seattle-San Diego tomorrow night and Denver-SF on Monday will be more interesting.

So I am slightly worried, Jones went down in a non contact pratice. It looks like some sort of ankle injury as if he twisted it maybe but he went off the feild in a soft cast. :? :(
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Was reading about a Philadelphia Eagles player that noticed a white powdery substance after a practice. The police were called in, and determined that it was the goal line.

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Was reading about a Philadelphia Eagles player that noticed a white powdery substance after a practice. The police were called in, and determined that it was the goal line.
    An oldie, but a goodie :)

Re: And he said let there be football

So last night was a frustrateing experince for me. It proved as I stated to several earlier Pennington needsto dissapear, he cannot fufill one of his primary and critical purposes on a feild. Clemens should be the starter this year but this flea bag Chad is going to get the slot. I was disgusted. HJe threw two touchdown passes................ To the VIKINGS!!!! Aer you effing kidding me?! I cannot stand him, he is not worth the moeny, he is not worth the dashing of my playoff dreams. He is incompetent. If all you can do is flip the ball once in a blue moon and throw interceptions because you cannot hit a target you do not belong on the Jets let along the NFL.

Just to update a little on happenings. The Giants have a few major dissapointments possibly spiked by good news in the form of Strahan probably returning at the ned of camp.. He did not get more money and there was no trade to a west coast team but he will more than likely pick up his startig spot on the team come game one of the season.

The Giants are hurting...losing 3 guys in the Ravens game in a span of about 5 minutes is not good.
    Strahan will help keep the pressure off Umenyora, but unless Eli takes on his brothers persona, and Jacobs turns into a feature back in 2 weeks time, the G-men will be looking in from the outside come January.
    I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong year.

I am not a big fan of pre season games for just these reasons. They are being hurt in games that count towards nothing. On the other hand it helps me with my fix untill the real deal begins.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    The Giants are hurting...losing 3 guys in the Ravens game in a span of about 5 minutes is not good.
    Strahan will help keep the pressure off Umenyora, but unless Eli takes on his brothers persona, and Jacobs turns into a feature back in 2 weeks time, the G-men will be looking in from the outside come January.
    I have a feeling it's going to be a loooong year.
    The Giants have some serious coaching issues, and no amount of talent is going to get them deep into the playoffs until they work those issues out.