Thread: First E-190 Down?

First E-190 Down?

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6032254

I didn't hear anything about that. Ouch. I assume this guy will be written off? Must be the first for the E-jets, I assume?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Re: First E-190 Down?

WoW! Good thing it slowed down enough just to tip over the to the water. Well i do see the thrust reverser on and flaps down but maybe he forgot the spoilers?
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Spoilers puts weight on wheels primaraly. This accident took place ironic enoughthe same day TAM went off the end as well.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Doesn't look like it will be written off. There have been worse accidents and the planes have been repaired and put back into service. The WN bird that went off the runway at MDW was repaired and stills flies. Back in the 60s/70s at JAL DC-8 ditched in San Francisco Bay and was put back in service once repaired. It doesn't look like the structural integrity of this plane was compromised; new engines and gear can be replaced.

Unlike the Southwest incident, this aircraft looks like it's nose went up a little off the edge of the wall, and slammed down. I'd be shocked if there weren't any cracks or severe damage to the structure. Remember the NW A319 at LGA? It's nosegear gave out and it dropped down....it was written off.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Unlike the Southwest incident, this aircraft looks like it's nose went up a little off the edge of the wall, and slammed down. I'd be shocked if there weren't any cracks or severe damage to the structure. Remember the NW A319 at LGA? It's nosegear gave out and it dropped down....it was written off.
    Looks like it went down in the sand, the WN bird crashed through a concrete wall Phil.

Looks like it went down in the sand, the WN bird crashed through a concrete wall Phil.
    I thought the Southwest only went through a fairly thin metal blast fence in a forward slide. This E-190 looks like it had a 25 foot drop.

Or i can jsut throw You through a concrete wall. ;)

No worries Phil, he is going to be eating snad next week anyway similar to the 190. ;) :mrgreen:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"