Thread: Aviation Videography

Aviation Videography

Anyone here into aviation videography as well? I personally love watching videos taken onboard or of aircraft that I've never been on. I also enjoy recording the movies myself whenever I fly, everything from engine start to engine shutdown. For me, it's the sound that really does it for me, especially from the noisy engines like the JT8D. Just curious how others feel about this?
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Re: Aviation Videography

I used to love shoot cideo and watching it. Have a few videos of takeoffs and landings at JFK. I love hearing the sounds as well as watching the image.

When I first met Phil, he was all about the videos. Perhaps he'll host some soon?!! ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Yeah, I started off doing video.

Here's a link to some videos I've uploaded: http://flightlevel350.com/aviation_vide ... +Derner+Jr.

If you like the Jt8D, one of those clips shows the what was the only powerback at LGA since Eastern, from an AA MD-80.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil, I've watched that LGA powerback video a bunch of times! That must have been pretty amazing to watch! I'm hoping to grab a video of a powerback at DTW this weekend, as I transit through on my way to ORD. I'm also flying on two NW DC-9's, which should make excellent videos!

It's my specialty! Remember those videos Chris showed you at Costco before we were told to leave?

Indeed I do remember that :D I'm definitely interested in honing my videography skills and possibly upgrading my equipment for shooting aircraft outdoors (if I ever get the time). Any tips on how to improve the video quality while shooting with a "point and shoot" digital camera onboard an aircraft bouncing all over the runway?

Here are some examples of my work so far. The camera does a great job, but sometime I feel like I'm not that steady or the quality is just a bit off from perfect and there's something I can do better.

http://www.flightlevel350.com/search_vi ... %20Lomasky

I took videos of both landings on my way out here, MSP and BZN. I will post them when I get to faster internet.
    "lol retart"