Thread: Things to do in Seattle

Things to do in Seattle

Hi All-

I'm planning a weekend trip to Seattle in October (actually, I already bought my tickets on DL for a pretty good price considering I have a voucher). Anyway, can anyone who's been out there tell me some of the cool things to do? I know of the Space needle and I will also probably take a trip out to Boeing Field, but besides those things, what are your suggestions?

I'm also making medallion status on DL as of this weekend, so I'm hoping for some Biz Class upgrades! :twisted:
    Check out my jetPhotos collection
    Check out my jetVideos collection

Re: Things to do in Seattle

I will also be out in Seattle in Early October.

If you are up to a little road trip, like nature and great landscapes I would recommend going over to MT. Rainier or take the ferry across Puget sound. Remember Boeing Field is where the Museum of Flight is and Paine Field is where the Boeing Plant is.

Eric
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

There is a new museum called the Future of Flight adjacent to the Boeing Plant in Everett-along side the Paine Field runway.

I was there last week, didn't go all the way in but it looked interesting.

I definitely recommend Boeing Field and the Museum of Flight, as well as the underground tour of old Seattle.

I am usually there on business, but was there on vacation 5 yrs ago as well.

If you have time, Vancouver, BC is much nicer.
    It's the fares, stupid

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Quote Originally Posted by kc2aqg
    Hi All-

I'm planning a weekend trip to Seattle in October (actually, I already bought my tickets on DL for a pretty good price considering I have a voucher). Anyway, can anyone who's been out there tell me some of the cool things to do? I know of the Space needle and I will also probably take a trip out to Boeing Field, but besides those things, what are your suggestions?

I'm also making medallion status on DL as of this weekend, so I'm hoping for some Biz Class upgrades! :twisted:
    It's Andy, right? What do you call a weekend? just 2 days or 4 days? I'd recommend 4 days. I love it out there. Its a clean city with good transportation downtown. If you have a car and plan to do some spotting, drive to Renton. See the Museums suggested.

You can also see the museum up near Everett(Future of Flight), but its no where near as large as the one in Renton. Future of flight is very small now that I think about it. In fact, there are NO aircraft there. But across the way, you have a view of the Boeing plant and a few planes being readied for painting and delivery.

The Museum of Flight, along Paine Field Runway, in Renton is a huge museum with lots of a/c on display.

For non-av related fun, try to catch dinner up in the Space Needle. Or even breakfast, if its easier to get a reesrvation.

Take the monorail and walk the downtown.

There is a GREAT dinner train, I think its called the Spirit of Washington. DInner and a 3 hour ride up to the vineyards north of Seattle. Some really great scenery up there.

See Pike's Peak Market and watch them throwing the fish (Been to Seattle twice and missed this and Tom missed it too).

And a few hundred feet north of that is the Original Starbucks store, if you are so inclined for java.

A good restaurant that we went too a few weeks ago, about 2 blocks from Pikes Peak, was a Brazilian all you can eat place called Ipanema. I usually don't go for that al you can eat venue butit was GREAT food, great fresh meats.

Let me know if you need more suggestions that suit you. Not sure what your up of tea is :)

Mario
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I'm going to be in Seattle for spotting and the Museum of Flight. Anyone have any good ideas of where to spot for SEA?
    "lol retart"

I'll be there in about a week.
    Is there alot of traffic at Boeing field and Everret field?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

More at Boeing Field than Everett.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

For any of you wanting to spot SeaTac, here's a great link.
    http://www.plane-spotter.com/Airport...rGuide_SEA.pdf

And for Boeing Field
    http://www.plane-spotter.com/Airport...rGuide_BFI.pdf
    "lol retart"

Andy, can you add a few days to your trip and make it a 4 day weekend?

SEA is one of the better aviation related things to do cities I have ever been to but in addition and as others have touched on the downtown area is really nice and a great place to hang out. Have a great time !

LGA777

Yeah I agree with Art, if you have time spend a day or two in Vancouver, its much nicer then Seattle. Check if you can get a cheap flight to Victoria aswell, Victoria is very nice and loads to do.

I was thinking about going to Vancouver for a day.
    If I was leaving today, I'd make it in time for the Abbostford air show.
    Do they have boat trips going from SEA to Vancouver or is a plane the only was of transportation to there?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY