Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball, the second half

Baseball, the second half

We all know the Yankees will most likely not be in the major running this year. They may go first round but Boston is going to take em out of it I think. Right now they are 9.5 out though it is an improvement from 14 out as they were before. The Mets are looking great but alot of it lays on if Pedro comes out of the box hot I think. Carlos needs to play small ball and lay some bunts down here and there instead of swinging for hte long ball constantly and David Wright needs to sharpen it up. Base running is covered and there needs to be a little more tweaking in the pitching staff done but all and all the Mets are the team to be this year. in the AL the teams that count BOS and NYY both have drop dead easy schedules. Detroit looks to be a hard bargin for the AL this year though coming up soon. I think the Mets have a 80/20 chance this year though.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

Re: Baseball, the second half

I think we might have a guest for Mike & mike in the morning :D
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I don't know Ryan, I think the Mets pretty much have it covered on starting pitching. Pedro coming back will be a nice bonus, but I'm not counting on him to "save" them. The last thing I want either Carlos (Beltran or Delgado) to do is bunt! You want them to drive the ball, and they are both doing better lately.

We all know the Yankees will most likely not be in the major running this year.
    AWESOME!!!!! F the Yankees!

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar

This thread is now dominated my New York Mets fans. Lets go Amazins! :D
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I won't count them out yet, but Yankees fans are getting all excited because they're kicking the **** out of the Devil Rays and Royals. The bottom line is their pitching is still atrocious. If they can keep up their recent play against the league's better teams they'll easily make the wild card. And then the Red Sox will slap them. Again.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Within earshot of MD-80s who don't "Over fly Prospect Park to the extent practical"

I'm just glad I can finally wear my Colorado Rockies hat in public without having to worry about being attacked by Mets fans. The Yankees fans didn't seem to care nearly as much.

Even pitchers are hitting em well now in the NL. Maine jacked one last night and that blew my mind. Outstanding. Keep your eye on this kid. I am thinking that this is going to be one of the two arms in the pitching line up that will surge the Mets through to rings this year. he is by far in my opinion the best pitcher on the team with the recent issues that Ollie is having. Now talking trades, I will do anything to get Lastings Millage off of the team rosters. I cannot stand his ego nor the fact that his personal life has interfeared with the team. No room for him at all around Shea and certainly not the new stadium. Look for him to get traded if the Mets make any moves over the last bit of time here or maybe next year even.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Being a YANKEE fan myself I have to be realistic and say they WILL NOT make the dance this fall. I think Cashman has turned out to be a lousy GM and should have gone with getting pitching before this Tuesdays deadline in Gagne(Rivera's back up for at least the 2nd Half) I really don't see the Yankees making any impression for the next couple of years. I'd rather go Mets than Red Sox(and relinquish my AL roots for the WS). I do see see the SOX and Mets in the WS though. Seek revenge for the Yankees ouster 2 years ago at the hands of the Sox Mets for your crosstown Brothers at Bats. GO METS.

since I only have a few weeks left to say it...

St. Louis Cardnials..... World Champs... Woo Hooo. Go CARDS.

Eat it Mets fans.

*anticipating gang beat down over above comment... but totally worth it*

(Runs for pitch fork and torch) Someone get the rope and 2 by 4! (Just kidding by the way)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

We all know the Yankees will most likely not be in the major running this year.
    Funny Ryan, they seem to have closed the gap in the wild card race, they strengthen their pitching and they have a shot.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Nick, lets be realistic, the Yankees for the second part of the season have one of the most drop dead easy ones there is compared to others. They are playing Tampa and Kansas mostly. If you did not expect them to at least steam roll Kansas and TBDR you would be out of your mind. I would love to see how they would fare if they were playing Anahiem and Oakland, and Boston a little more the second half. I doubt as well. Do not get me wrong, I love baseball which means I like thwe Yanks but lets be honest with ourselves man.

Giambi the bum is close to being back and that will upset any formula the Yankees have going now!!! Look for the Yankees to finish at 500 at best.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Ryan what in the world are you talking about? The Mets never have an easy part of their schedule? No other team has easy parts of their schedules? That is why you play 162 games buddy. You can bash the Yanks all you want but we will see how it ends when the smoke clears.

Look for the Yankees to finish at 500 at best.
    They will easily finish over the 500 mark. We will start a post when the season ends.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol