Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking Mandy Moore In....

Re: Checking Mandy Moore In....

In her Candy days....

Okay, now I remember the music part of it. Didnt she do a video with Nick Leche or however you spell it on the boardwalk on Cony Island? I knew about walk to remember because a girl forced me to see it in Utah with her but it turned out to be a pretty good flick.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Ryan--

That would be Jessica Simpson....get your Blonde's Straight ;)

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Has her career tanked so much that she has to fly Southwest? Jessica Biel flies Eos...

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Has her career tanked so much that she has to fly Southwest? Jessica Biel flies Eos...

Not sure if Eos flies STL-CMH...
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Mandy Moore stars in a recent movie starring Robin Williams and John Krasinski (Jim on The Office) which is a pretty big deal. So no, she's doing pretty well. :)

That brings up another question: do airlines comp celebs the way other businesses do? I would think an exposure-hungry startup like Eos would gladly fly Jessica Biel for nothing, but what about AA or Delta?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

If they do it is rare. I have sold some full fares and lower class tickets to celebs in the past. One flipped because she bought a 150 dollar same day ticket and I would not upgrade her in fact. I laughed at it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

STL-CMH, good point, not exactly a sector with much high end demand so if you're not going to charter what other choices are there?

As for comps, I can't speak for the industry as a whole but I do get the impression that the upmarket startups (and Eos in specific) 'hosted' some VIP passengers to get word of mouth in the celebrity/banking/executive demographic. The ROI on this is likely quite good at such niche players because comping, say, Jessica Biel or Sarah Ferguson or some top investment banker so they tell their friends to fly Eos can be alot better cost/benefit than running some ads, the response to which is hard to quantify.

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    If they do it is rare. I have sold some full fares and lower class tickets to celebs in the past. One flipped because she bought a 150 dollar same day ticket and I would not upgrade her in fact. I laughed at it.
    And whom would that be, Sir?

John Krasinski (Jim on The Office)

YAY! :mrgreen: