Thread: "Airliners.net" scanned on photos

"Airliners.net" scanned on photos

I'm not a photographer but I was curious what you all think about the airliners.net being superimposed on some photos. Personally I hate looing at a photo with this on it, and I don't download it for my personal collection of screensavers.

I mean I thought airliners.net was mainly for people to enjoy free photographs, and if you want to make money you should use other means.

Thoughts?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

Re: "Airliners.net" scanned on photos

It's an eyesore but serves a useful purpose. Pictures are constantly stolen and used without permission. I think it's up to photog.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Yes, jetphotos has the same watermark feature. The photographer can choose the position and intensity of the watermark on his/her picture if they want to protect it.
    Nick S. @ EWR

The way I see it, if the photographer wants to ruin their photo with a watermark, that's their choice. I typically lose interest in a photo, no matter how good, as soon as I see a nice, intrusive one.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

That's why I have a First Class account. No watermarks!
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    It's ok, eventually you'll stop paying it. Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it. Just like the hundreds of other first class members they just don't pay it one month. I'm glad that I'm done with my one time payment. As for watermarks, I think it does ruin photos. I'll never upload with one. Just keep your eyes peeled for stolen photos or as we've seen in the photography forum. Other helpful photographers usually stumble across stolen stuff and then it gets settled. Why ruin the view for the good people that really enjoy the hobby just because of a few bad people.

Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it.
    That seemed uncalled for. (?)

I see nothing wrong with the watermark, and you can easily place it in areas on the photo that will not ruin the main subject. The fact is people steal photos left and right and the need exists for the watermarks. Its BS IMO that A.net doesn't show the Watermark for first-class members, so if someone wants to steal you're photo they lay out a couple of bucks steal you're picture and cancel their membership.

[quote=PHL Approach]
    Quote Originally Posted by "stuart schechter":1f7fd
    It's ok, eventually you'll stop paying it. Unless Mommy and Daddy are paying every month for it. Just like the hundreds of other first class members they just don't pay it one month. I'm glad that I'm done with my one time payment. As for watermarks, I think it does ruin photos. I'll never upload with one. Just keep your eyes peeled for stolen photos or as we've seen in the photography forum. Other helpful photographers usually stumble across stolen stuff and then it gets settled. Why ruin the view for the good people that really enjoy the hobby just because of a few bad people.[/quote:1f7fd]

And you have to be an ******* because?? As Mel said, that was very uncalled for. I pay for my membership per year and enjoy it. So keep your funny cute little remarks to yourself and get an attitude adjustment.
    "lol retart"