Thread: Branson to Skip Virgin America Launch

Branson to Skip Virgin America Launch

Financial Times:
    Branson to miss Virgin America launch

By Doug Cameron in Chicago and Kevin Done in London

Published: July 17 2007 19:10 | Last updated: July 17 2007 19:10

Sir Richard Branson will be absent from next month’s launch of Virgin America, an almost unheard of occurrence for the media-savvy entrepreneur, which highlights the sensitivity of overseas involvement in the US airline industry.

Virgin America, a San Francisco-based start-up, provided a lightning rod for the bipartisan opposition in Congress and among US unions to reforming the strict investment laws governing the sector, which resurfaced and threatened to undermine the “open skies” treaty agreed in April with the European Union. More...
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Branson to Skip Virgin America Launch

Wow. I guess this is so that it doesn't look like he has such a major role...which is what was needed to get approval.

I was kinda lookin forward to seeing him doing something crazy on the wing of a plane like banging four midgets.

wow... switch that sentance around and it becomes a whole 'nother beast.

Branson to launch Miss Virgin America

An event I highly doubt the "Sir" would skip.

This is not true, the Finanical times posted a retraction but I guess nobody took as much notice to that. As of now, Branson is scheduled to go to the launch.
    Nick S. @ EWR