Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Software Update Today

Software Update Today

Hey guys,

Apologies if you've been unable to access the board at any point today. We're attempting to upgrade the bulletin board software that runs this place, mostly to eliminate the spambot problems we've been having, and also to add a few useful features for your posting and reading pleasure.

So far the upgrade hasn't worked, but we're going to try again in a bit, let's say around 20:30 ZULU (4:30 PM Eastern).

Thanks for your patience!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Re: Software Update Today

Testes, testes, 1-2-3. Looks like the update has worked.

While I work on making the new board look more like the old one, if you receive any error messages or have any problems, please post them here. Thanks!
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

why do we now have to go to a separate page to post a reply to a thread? is there any way to make that like it used to be that we could post from the same page as the thread?

aside from that i mostly like the layout of the thread. i have yet to see how pictures and avatars look on the site since i'm at work but i'll get to that once i get home.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

You still have a login issue from the main page.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Wahhh!!!! go back to the old!!
    "lol retart"

There is still much more to fix, add and modify. Obviously, we didn't want to shut down the board completely for an extended period of time while we do this.

All we need is a little patience. We know change can be tough. Sorry!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    You still have a login issue from the main page.
    What is the issue you're having?

My EYES! AAAAAAAARGH! I was blinded when I started NYCA the first time.
    Peronsally I like the Dark colors better.
    Senga

To the administrators --

If you're at all interested in hearing my opinion, I agree with Senga. Darker, cool colors tend to be more calming and easy on the eyes. If I could suggest anything at all, it would be very minor -- to change some of the color selections. Otherwise, it's lookin' fantastik, and I'm assured everyone will be pleased with the end result.

ciao ciao

- jMay
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

FYI: This scheme (subsilver) has actually always been available and I've used it since the beginning of my membership at NYCA. I find it easier to read the boards. That's just my opinion.

Yea I like the dark grey cause it reminds me of aviation, metal , weather etc. My windows OS's have the darkest grey I can use.

Generally I prefer dark colors in everything.

Senga

We are aware of and agree with the color issue.

A lot of what is different and missing will be added and adjusted over the coming days.

Because of the nature and necessity of the upgrade we made, we decided to keep the boards open during the transition, as you are now experiencing. The alternative was to shut down the boards for several days.

Once we get caught up, we'll show you folks around the new features. I think you'll all like what we come away with.

Again, thanks for the patience and input!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s

can we go back to having the avatar and such on the right side of the page?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

It was on the right side temporarily. We will probably keep it on the left as it currently, and almost always, was.

As you can see, the Quick Reply is back up, so you don't have to go to a new page to reply.

I agree I was reprimanding Matt for a foolish idea related to this. My question is what exactly is being done? What modifications or upgrades are akeing place?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"