Thread: Flying Jetblue maybe for the first time

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

Flying Jetblue maybe for the first time

Hey, we might fly Jblue for the first time this weekend.

We have a pair of buddy passes but only for the one way. The trip BOS-JFK is 199.99 one way. Is it me or is that a bit steep?

I honestly don't know so I defer to your judgement.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Well when are you planning on flying them? If it’s less then a week chances are the less expensive seats are sold out. $199.00 really isn't all that bad, at least from biz traveler standpoint where BOS tickets one-way can go for a mint. I wouldn't pay $199 one way to BOS just for a pleasure trip.

Be glad you do not fly the shuttle because you pay about 7 and change for a same day roundtrip.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Why don't you take a day trip to one of those cities where they have the bargain deals like $49 one way? I know Richmond had a sale...
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Quote Originally Posted by RDU-JFK
    Why don't you take a day trip to one of those cities where they have the bargain deals like $49 one way? I know Richmond had a sale...
    Well the key word there is Richmond....LOL I'd look at PIT, Pittsburg is a pretty decent city with a nice river walk and good eats.

[quote=T-Bird76]
    Quote Originally Posted by "RDU-JFK":c8233
    Well the key word there is Richmond....LOL I'd look at PIT, Pittsburg is a pretty decent city with a nice river walk and good eats.[/quote:c8233]

Tom,

Is PIT a walkable city? How does one get downtown from the airport? I was thinking of a day trip myself.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

[quote=RDU-JFK][quote="T-Bird76":4782a]
    Quote Originally Posted by "RDU-JFK":4782a
    Well the key word there is Richmond....LOL I'd look at PIT, Pittsburg is a pretty decent city with a nice river walk and good eats.[/quote:4782a]

Tom,

Is PIT a walkable city? How does one get downtown from the airport? I was thinking of a day trip myself.[/quote:4782a]

They have bus service or a rental car, that's the problem with PIT, its not located near the city like BOS.

well I was thinking a close short trip with easy city access. But I'l look into Amtrak or rental a car to come back. So many options, you never know! Personally I liked Amtrak to BOS last time we went.

Thanks for the tips.
    Mario
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

$199 is a bit steep...Bermuda is only $164, also a short trip with easy city/beach access. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

$199.99?

Compared to US Air it's a bargain. They get $360 or more one way on the shuttle.
    It's the fares, stupid

Re: $199.99?

Quote Originally Posted by Art at ISP
    Compared to US Air it's a bargain. They get $360 or more one way on the shuttle.
    On the shuttle?!!! And you don't even get to go into outer space! ;)

Me and the Wifey flew on B6 from EWR-FLL last year and it wasnt bad for the time with a one way of 75.00 but tried to book again this year and it went up to 129.00(was nice the service,seats, and hospitality when they were cheap and good. Booking CO this year cause they are way cheaper for 3 people round trip than B6. 556 compared to Jetblues 880. Will miss Jetblue's amenities but when push comes to shove frugality wins over. Sorry Jetblue

Has anyone ever stayed at or near one of the airport hotels? Is if far from the city itself? May do some spotting there.

Actually come to think of it, I recall someone recently mentioning a hotel in Boston, perhaps in the city itself, that had great views of planes landing right there.

ring any bells?