Thread: Boeing Field Renton Washington

Boeing Field Renton Washington

After all the 787 events did some spotting at Boeing Field in Renton. Wasn't there all to long but managed to get some nice catches. Some comments regarding my sharpening would be appreciated as I'm using a new method.

Coming back from a test flight

Yay 75!!! Killer pics man.
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

Hey tommy, did you have to change your shorts after WN and the TWA DC-2?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Got some nice catches there Tommy, I love how on the Southwest they have the reg in the windows!

It looks like a lot of the pics are overexposed and a bit grainy. That doesn't have to go with your new sharpening technique, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Got some nice catches there Tommy, I love how on the Southwest they have the reg in the windows!

It looks like a lot of the pics are overexposed and a bit grainy. That doesn't have to go with your new sharpening technique, right?
    Wait... The king of overexposure complaining about others overexposure?.... I never thought I would see the day ;)

:D
    nwa FOREVER!

Wow that's an unbelievable UPS 767 touchdown....how insane, love it! I'm glad you caught my new favorite short/medium haul airline, GOL, o melhor linha aerea do brasil! :D

- jMay
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

That is not WN's regi, if my claculations are correct this aircraft should be N282WN, the 501 aircraft for SWA.

I don't know why that N Number is up there, maybe its a Boeing thing?

Excellent shots Tommy.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Yes, N1779B is a Boeing temp registration. It is used for testing of the aircraft before shipment. They aren't registered to any one aircraft, rather just the company.

Here is the info from the FAA aircraft registry:

N1779B is Reserved

Reserved N-Number Type Reservation Manufacturer (Temp)
    Mode S Code 50233303
    Reserved Date 03/25/1978
    Renewal Date None
    Purge Date None
    Pending Number Change None
    Date Change Authorized None
    Reserving Party Name BOEING CO
    Street PO BOX 3707 M/S 69-10
    City SEATTLE
    State WASHINGTON
    Zip Code 98124
    County ASOTIN
    Country UNITED STATES
    nwa FOREVER!

I'm heading up there around Aug 10th, do you think anything interesting will be there?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Great shots Tommy - I'm interested in the new sharpening technique you are using - they all look great!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    Nice shots Tom!
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

Thank guys, I was trying some new techniques in T mode and a high F stop, I'm partially pleased with the shots. As for the sharpening technique I'm using a radius of 0.6 and sharpening between 30% and 50%, seems to produce less jaggies. As for traffic its a crap shoot, you'll get the cargo birds daily but the test flights are whatever Boeing going. The GOL bird was a delivery flight to Brazil so she won't be back. Lots of nice 737s are there and the spotting is great, bring a ladder though or stand on the roof of your car.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

NIce pics Tom. I havnet even backed up my pics yet.

I don't have a good eye to mention sharpening but I was going to ask about exposures as well. (Just as soon as my retina recovers. ;) ) I have a tough time judging that edge between exposed and overexposed. Are they a touch over exposed?

Are you happy with the sharpening techinique you used?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Nice shots Tommy, the Air India 738 is an especially nice catch sense each tail is unique and first shot of that one I had seen.

BFI is a really nice place to shoot at and visit and I have spent several enjoyable visits there over the years. I have some nice slides of this beauty departing for Italy on delivery in 1999.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0157449/L/

I was fortunate as I was able to rent (an underpowered) Ford Ranger Pickup with a Fiberglass top over the bed that was strong enough to hold me so I just pulled up along fence lines and shot to my hearts content.

For future visits there is an excellent Pilot Shop/Aviation bookstore on the east side of the field called the Aviators Store, well worth a visit.

http://www.insiderpages.com/b/3723174894

Regards

LGA777