Thread: 787-S0 much for having pride in your work

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!

787-S0 much for having pride in your work

Found on ebay. Has to be from a Boeing employee since the 787 Team passes are included.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boeing-787-Dream...QQcmdZViewItem

PS. Stop bugging Tom for his!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

OMG! MAYBE HE'S A SPY FROM AIRBUS!

I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    cool items
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

I would have bought that stuff... :(
    Jordan Greene. - Happy Jetting

I clicked hopeing to see it still bidding and saw 150 and said eh I will bump it 100 and see if it goes and sure enough the bid was over. I need to look harder next time.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter

I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item.
    Has nothing to do with planes at all! Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel. The people at this event with the 787 badges weren't janitors or secretaries. These were the folks who put their hands on the project, many whom worked for Boeing for many years. Some people are just opportunists, sickens me to no end. I'll never sell or give my 787 material away, it was an honor to be there.

Maybe someone had access to extra schwag kits and sold a couple while keeping some for themself. Or maybe they're just *******s, as you allude to. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Maybe someone had access to extra schwag kits and sold a couple while keeping some for themself.
    Most likely, remember ebay=$$$
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I'm sure there are a couple thousand people at Boeing, from janitors to secretaries, who don't really give a crap about planes, and to whom a few bucks is worth a lot more than holding on to a collector's item

Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel.
    As Tom mentioned, its only about pride in your work. When I worked for the LIRR, I took a bit of pride in it. IN my field now, I do the same. Some people are opportunists. you are right.
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

When projects are globalized and a lot of the content is from subcontractors, as is the case with the 787 and most big projects today, it's a bit much to expect people to have the same amount of pride that they had in the pre-outsourcing, pre-globalization era. For example, Dodge will soon be selling Chinese-made cars in the US. Do you expect that Chrysler's employees here will feel proud of this, or even connected to it, the way they might have back in the 'Mopar' era? Today it's all about business, people don't want souvenirs, they want to get paid. In this case, someone wants to monetize their souvenirs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

Has nothing to do with planes at all! Its about pride in helping to building something great, something that will change the face of air travel. The people at this event with the 787 badges weren't janitors or secretaries. These were the folks who put their hands on the project, many whom worked for Boeing for many years. Some people are just opportunists, sickens me to no end. I'll never sell or give my 787 material away, it was an honor to be there.
    I'm curious...how did you guys get to go to this amazing event? That's so awesome!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

[quote=RDU-JFK]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":6f4a4

I'm curious...how did you guys get to go to this amazing event? That's so awesome![/quote:6f4a4]

Without going into details it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.

it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.
    I have to second that entirely. I know I can speak for Tom when I say that when you have good, selfless intentions, intergrity and character, its amazing what can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    it comes down to getting you're name out there, beating the pavement, contributing to the aviation community through sites like this, JP.net, volunteering you're services at no charge, and simply demonstrating you're a good character to the community. No one handed us these invitations on a silver platter.
    I have to second that entirely. I know I can speak for Tom when I say that when you have good, selfless intentions, intergrity and character, its amazing what can happen.
    I think I have all of those :(
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath