Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: NY Area Ground Stop

Re: NY Area Ground Stop

Quote Originally Posted by Smartass Flyboy
    I spoke to Benita around 2300 and I think we got it worse at JFK. We still had 2 LHR's on the gate with 2 more entering their second and third hour taxiing. GRU and CDG also still on the ground and we already had 1 come back and cancel. The line came around Siera and up past Terminal 1 around that time. I was finally out at 0045. We were expecting EWR diversions, but they made it in, now big question was how late did curfew go at LGA? On better news, I'm off tomorrow, enjoy the clean up day. :P
    Diversions from EWR? The weather didn't hit til after 11 pm and they would go to SWF anyway. 2-3 hours is nothing, delays at EWR were in the 4-5 hour range before flights cancelled. The tracon and center were favoring departures from LGA over EWR to prevent gridlock. Did it work I have no idea, someone here can fill us in on that. The only thing that left was international departures going over Merit and Greki. So it sounds like JFK had it easy.

The fact that they favored us at LGA on the departure end unfortuneately did not do much to help. By the point where we were keeping them rolling most carriers had cancelled the vast majority of the flights. They should have kept priority on EWR personally last night I think. When we needed to move things which was around 1700 and 1800 LCL we could not do it. All and all I left at Midnight on the dot. Clean up should be horrific today. I have not called or looked but I expect above average movement when I get to the top today at 1300. We shall see. I do not think we will turn LGA into a parking lot again today but yesterday it was another one of those days where Alpha and Bravo were nose to tail nose to tail.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Mel and I flew out of ISP and took a bit of a delay because of ground hold in BWI due to thunder storms. I'm surprised it didn't hit NY sooner.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

It broke apart as it was moving east of EWR. My car and the house was not even damp. It dissapatred and than re developed over Conneticut and is closeing BOS as we speak.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"