Thread: Bad hit and run this morning

Bad hit and run this morning

So this morning I was driving to work and my trek takes me through Atlantic Beach, over the bridge and down the Nassau to get to the Van Wyck. I got to just short of Mott and there were cops all over. I saw a cop pulled over an Altima and the guy was getting a Feild Sobriety check so I assumed a check point but than I saw ambulances and the entire northbound closed etc etc.. I got to work and heard it was a real bad hit and run. The man hit was crossing Nassau and an SUV whacked him and took off. The man is in super super critical condition right now. hopefully they find the person who hit him and crucify him.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Senior Member AirtrafficController's Avatar
    bad tragedy
    Aspires to become an Air Traffic Controller at Kennedy Tower.
    http://web01.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31094

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longi ... -headlines

Search for SUV that hit a pedestrian
    BY WILLIAM MURPHY
    [email protected]
    July 4, 2007, 9:19 AM EDT

Police were searching for a dark-colored sports utility vehicle that hit a man crossing Nassau Expressway north of Mott Avenue just before 1 a.m. Friday. The unidentified man was walking west across the roadway, in a crosswalk, when he was hit. Police said the SUV did not stop and left the scene of the accident.

The man was taken to South Nassau Hospital, where he was reported in critical condition with head injuries, two broken legs and a broken left arm. The victim was a white male, aged 55 to 60 and was wearing white, terry cloth shorts, a blue-striped shirt and dark-blue cloth slippers, police said.

Police asked anyone who might have information about the accident to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at 800-244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous, police said.