Thread: Mac Stores ban Myspace

Mac Stores ban Myspace

This is GREAT news. Everytime I would take Phil to the Apple Store to show him the amazing 30" flat panel displays, we'd always find ourselves waiting behind some overweight 14 year olds checking out their sparkly, browser crashing Myspace pages on them. They would literally be standing there from the time we walked in, until we checked back around to see if it was available again...just staring at Myspace. This was a good call on Apple's part.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9722963-1.html

Interesting. Whenever I went into the Mac Store in Bridgewater, there's usually only four or five other people in there. I haven't been there much, but the two or three times, that's been the case.

p.s. I too, enjoy gawking over that 30-inch flat screen. That and playing with the iPods with the noise-canceling headphones. That'll make you dizzy if nothing is playing. :roll:

Oh, I was talking about the new (opened last spring) 5th Avenue Store...it's a 24/7 store, and swarming with people ALL THE TIME.

Yeah, I figured. I've been by there once but never in it. I guess the (dis)advantages of not living in the city.

Re: Mac Stores ban Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    ...their sparkly, browser crashing Myspace pages on them.
    Crashing because they were using Safari, of course. :D
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I would go to the Apple store and leave up music pages of bands that I liked! Best use of myspace/applestore
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!

I was just in the apple store and left NYCA up on the computer.

I was going to try MySpace, but I didn't know if Apple hippies would try to tackle me if I did.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

While it might be annoying to have Myspace on the computers by letting the teens on them is a great way to get them to get their parents to buy them. Overall it’s a poor marketing move by Mac, they simple could put software on that limits the time someone can use the machine. What is a better way of selling something but to let the customer use the machine how they'd use it at home.

I think it's an excellent move by Mac. The reason they have those computers in their stores is so people can try them out and hopefully buy one. If some 15 year old parks in front of one for long periods of time looking for new friends on MySpace, others can't get to enjoy the computer.

Yeah, it's not the public library! It's a retail store. It was obviously getting way out of hand. Also, if your kid is only using a computer to go on Myspace, they don't need a Mac. :roll:

Y... if your kid is only using a computer to go on Myspace, they don't need a Mac. :roll:
    Snooty Mac users. "Oh, Macs are only for people who use the intarweb for a PURPOSE!"

I actually meant people who use their computers for a purpose besides the intarweb. GAWD.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i only wish my job would eliminate myspace from our computers, certain people let it get in the way of thier work...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

I actually meant people who use their computers for a purpose besides the intarweb. GAWD.
    Oh you mean like use them as boat anchors?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvXZVJXIyqM

:D
    nwa FOREVER!