Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Security checkpoints at JFK

Adam, good point. Call me cynical (I was in the WTC bombing of '93, on the 63rd floor at that) but it seems that years of experience have not changed the reactionary groupthink mentality which always seems to assume the next attack will be identical to the last. I am all for airport security, but the authorities need to be thinking ahead of some rather creative people and consider where else they would potentially target. The Israelis are really good at this and we should learn from their experiences. Either that or DHS should watch "The Siege" again.

Yes, they've attacked more conventional buildings than airports, but the Glasgow incident is not the first. For example, one of the captured suspects which led to the unraveling of the Millennium Plot in late 1999 was on his way to bomb a terminal at LAX. There was also the more recent shooting at the El Al terminal at LAX.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard
    [>All seemed normal when I arrived at LGA midday today.
    <
    I had to pick up my wife tonite at the MAT and didnt really see anything different security wise. Got there early and hung out for awhile up by Plane View Park and all quiet there also. I hadnt been over there in some years and love that they cut down all the bushes by the fence to allow a great and unobstructed view of the airport.
    It is there you just can't see it. We were watching you the whole time. :twisted:
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

>It is there you just can't see it. We were watching you the whole time. <

Yeah believe me I was thinking that. :O)

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    The question is, are terrorists obsessed with attacking airports, or are we obsessed with terrorists attacking airports? Remeber, OBL's first attack on the World Trade Center was with a car bomb...
    The car bomb is and old and favored trick of terrorists, they drive them up to embassies, military installations, just about anything.

It's no secret that since 9/11 anyone doing anything around an airport suspicious has been scrutinized. Mostly due to a knee jerk reaction. It will continue to happen every time another terror attack is successful or thwarted. As Fred has said we are letting them win more and more each day. Not only did OBL kill 3000 people, he has instilled fear in many more.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

So, will medical schools, students and hospitals be suspect now...??

Since we see these terrorists (surprise surprise) are once again, in this instance, afluent and educated folks... except when they're not.

Wow, and no one in the UK realized they were dealing with hate filled religous zealots with these guys? Amazing.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    The car bomb is and old and favored trick of terrorists, they drive them up to embassies, military installations, just about anything.
    You're right Nick.

But don't worry. We have the best no photography rules in place and the finest survaillence in the world trained on the chain link fences defending our airports. :roll:
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    But don't worry. We have the best no photography rules in place and the finest survaillence in the world trained on the chain link fences defending our airports. :roll:
    The best money the PANYNJ can spend (as long as it is someone else's)!!
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan