Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My "Other" Photography (new shoot added!)

My "Other" Photography (new shoot added!)

Some of you might know that planes aren't my only subjects for photography, and lately I've been shooting way more people than planes. I'd like to share some of my recent material and perhaps get some feedback, since I haven't gotten much from fellow photogs surrounding this genre.

All make-up, styling, photography and retouching is by me.

Samples from 3 recent shoots....just the final versions (I have side-by-sides of before and afters as well)

Carrie

Carol

Caitlin

Like I said before, great shots, you really do have a talent!
    nwa FOREVER!

Pretty neat. Can you post a few of the before/after ones? I enjoy the comparisons.
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Don't quit your day job.

Just kidding. Great work, babe. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Can I get Caitlin's number?

Haha, jk... but seriously..... ok just kidding...

The photography is great! It's funny you posted this because I just saw some of your photography and the links to your site when I was bored surfing peoples' Myspace pages the other day...

I'm no professional "glamour" or headshot photographer, but I think the quality is definately there.

Just some stuff I noted, which again, me not having any professional photography experience, doesn't really mean much... Carrie's first picture is definately the best out of her series. In Carol's pictures, the first is the best as well, the 2nd the lighting looks kind of weird, and in the 3rd I would have gotten her whole face in the reflection, whether it was by her standing closer to the "mirror" or by just moving the camera a little more right... And Caitlin's pictures are all well...

Those are just some nitpicky stuff... Have you brought your work to professional photography agencies or the like? Do you freelance at all?

I knew it wouldn't be long before a "is she single" comment would be made! Thanks for the feedback. Just as a response, the "mirror" in Carol's photo is actually the wall of a subway train, so it wasn't very versatile...the lighting in the second photo wasn't actually the lighting but an effect I was aiming for...I tried desaturating a bit to give it an "aged" feel, but it does look a bit funny since I kept the color of her lips and the rose.

Thanks again!

I'm going to post before and afters in just a few...I need to resize for the boards.

OK, here are most of above's before and afters...and a couple bonus extreme makeovers at the bottom!

The before and afters on some of those are amazing... Carrie's eyes are brought out much more in the after picture, along with less glare off her forehead in the rest...
    The Lingerie picture retouched is probably the most apparent before and after change, due in large part to the lighting being so much better in the 2nd picture and the face being better "blended" and the removal of those tattoos (which I think are ugly)... The after looks a lot better than the before...

And the last girl kinda sorta looks like Rachael Dratch...

Can someone help me pick up my jaw? Great work...really great!
    "lol retart"

Quote Originally Posted by stuart schechter
    Can someone help me pick up my jaw? Great work...really great!
    Thank you! :D

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    and the removal of those tattoos (which I think are ugly)... The after looks a lot better than the before...
    She thinks so too...you might notice they looks dry and flaky because she's in the middle of laser tattoo removal!

And the last girl kinda sorta looks like Rachael Dratch...
    She gets that all the time. :)

Oh, here's another I wanted to post....good example of how major curve work can help a drastically backlit photo:

Again, great work! That last one you just posted is my favorite!

Someone should give lessons ;)
    nwa FOREVER!

Haha, I don't think my dad has ever been as proud of me as when he just saw me looking at your tatoo'd friend, Mel!
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

He's just proud because he's only seen you give that look to an airplane in the past!

I think she may look a little plasticy? Or is that me?
    "lol retart"