DL to launch new Central American flights from JFK

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/070628/122125.html

JFK-GUA
    JFK-PTY
    JFK-LIR
    JFK-SJO
    and
    JFK-POS

Just what JFK needs more Delta flights. The managers of Delta really must have their heads up their ass... Delta can't handle the flights they have there now.. Port is going to through a fit soon.

DL needs to reduce the DL Connection flights at JFK. All those Barbie jets are the main problem I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Nycfly75
    DL needs to reduce the DL Connection flights at JFK. All those Barbie jets are the main problem I think.
    Problem is you can't Vin, that's a big misconception in the industry. Everyone says reduce the RJs but you can't. It’s about choice in the market place and travelers want to pick and choose when they can leave. You simple can't throw a 737 into College Station, P.A or the like once a day to reduce traffic at JFK; the public needs and wants choice. The issue at JFK is Delta is using a facility that simple can't handle its ambitions and an ATC system that can't handle the growing demand of the public to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Quote Originally Posted by Nycfly75
    Problem is you can't Vin, that's a big misconception in the industry. Everyone says reduce the RJs but you can't. It’s about choice in the market place and travelers want to pick and choose when they can leave. You simple can't throw a 737 into College Station, P.A or the like once a day to reduce traffic at JFK; the public needs and wants choice. The issue at JFK is Delta is using a facility that simple can't handle its ambitions and an ATC system that can't handle the growing demand of the public to fly.
    Well put. I'm tired of the threads on a.net saying that 7 RJ flights to RDU clog up the system. People need the flexibility.

Are T2 and T3 bursting at the seams? How can they handle all those flights!? It amazes me. Even if they start building a new terminal, where would all the flights go?
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Anyone know what type of equipment is going to do the new Central America flights, particulary LIR? The LIR area (Guanacaste) is sort of the booming part of Costa Rica for tourism as several all inclusive resorts are near there, and due to distance and relatively bad roads, the much larger other international airport at San Jose is not a good option to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Anyone know what type of equipment is going to do the new Central America flights, particulary LIR? The LIR area (Guanacaste) is sort of the booming part of Costa Rica for tourism as several all inclusive resorts are near there, and due to distance and relatively bad roads, the much larger other international airport at San Jose is not a good option to get there.
    I believe all flights will be operated by 737-800s?

With all the amount of people in West side(International Check In)

North Checking, East checking and West check in Are the worst check in in JFK AIRPORT.

Only Terminal 2 saved all of this

What the hell, delta can handle all this flight for this they would have to add more tsa, more baggage Handler, More Checking worker.

Sheesh, what is with DL? They are going to expand JFK till it bursts... what are they trying to accomplish?
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Sheesh, what is with DL? They are going to expand JFK till it bursts... what are they trying to accomplish?
    An expanded network...

DL's "hub" at JFK is not even 1/3 as big as CO at EWR. The main issue for DL is the crappy old worldport from the 60's...if they had a state of the art facility the sky would be the limit...