Thread: What Time Do You Set Your Alarms?

What Time Do You Set Your Alarms?

For people who work during the day at a 9-5 job (or 8-5, 8-6, 9-6, etc.), what time do you set you alarm clocks for?

Also, what's your morning routine and commute time like?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Alarm? What alarm? 'Nuff said! ;)
    nwa FOREVER!

It depends o0n my day. I am a 1 to 10 ramp controller so I am up at around 10 . On the days when I am king of the castile and Ron is my queeen and Matt my joker I set my alarm for 2pm as I am in at 530 PM. I normally leave the house at 2 hours prior to duty time and speed so I have time to visit freinds in the various terminals before work.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I get ready quickly, and have a pretty set routine (I suppose I'm sharing this with other members and not answering this for Phil, as he knows my routine pretty well). On a typical day I set my alarm for 7:15 and usually snooze for 10 minutes. Then it's: shower, contacts, brush teeth, moisturize/deodorize, blowdry hair, makeup, get dressed, leave by 8:15-8:25.

If anything majorly interrupts me during this process, I honestly have to double-check to be sure I've done everything. :?

Commute is anywhere from 16-30 minutes from door to door.

I work a 9-5 (well, more like 9-x to 5-x, where x is however much before 9 I get in, usually about a half hour) and my alarm is set for 7:30. I'm out the door between 7:50 and 8; my morning routine is usually a minute or two to get out of bed, get dressed, make lunch (if there's food), check my e-mail, and head out the door. Walk to the bus stop, ride the end, change to the PATH, walk two and a half blocks to the office; I usually get in around 8:30 or so.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

If I'm working the am shift I start at 6:30. I get up around 4:30 to take a quick shower, something to eat and out the door by 5:10 because it takes me about an hour to hour and fifteen to get to EWR.

I work an 8:30 to 5:30 schedule and set my alarm for 6am or 6:30am depending on where I'm leaving from that day. I find that if I set my alarm later, I'm not able to get online and check e-mail and web boards like this one as much as I'd like to.

My usual routine consists of hopping on the computer for 15-20 minutes, showering, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, then eating breakfast before leaving for work...or some permutation thereof.

If I leave from my mom's house, the commute is only 15 minutes, but it's about 45-60 minutes if I leave from my dad's.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

I work 8 to 5:30 daily. I wake up around 6:15, shower, get dressed. Leave the house around 7:10-7:15. Have about a 50 minute subway ride and I'm at the office.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

7:30 to be at work for 8:30.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Set for 8:00 to be in office at 9:00. (actual rolling out of bed process occurs at 8:15ish)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Regardless of my commute, I like at least an hour before I leave the house. I get ready pretty fast. But I liek to take my time having breakfast, check my email, the news and be ALIVE before I wander into the streets.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I have my two alarm clocks set for 7:05am. I leave from bed around 8am. Morning cigarette, shower, cigarette and I'm on my way 8:45.
    My commute to work takes anywhere between 25 minutes to hour.
    Commute back home from work takes 50 minutes to 1.5hr.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

I have a 2pm-10:30pm start so I wake up on my own.

However if I pick up a double shift.. and I have to be at work at 5am, I will be up at 3:30am, and out the door by 4:15am.

God that makes me tired even thinking about it...

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

I have to be at work by 9. I set the alarm for 7:40 but I usually hit snooze every 10 minutes til about 8:25ish. I'm ridiculous with snooze because I'm so sleep deprived that when I wake up it's an instant "NOOOOOOOOOO! more sleep! :(". I leave the house at 8:45/8:50 if I'm jumping in a taxi. 8:30/8:35 if I take the train.
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    the extent of showing all was moving their bikinis over to show their vajajays, but only if you were sitting up close and had $$$ out. No Gucci, no coochie!