Thread: Photobucket Tutorial

Photobucket Tutorial

So, I had someone ask me via private message how to upload to Photobucket. I thought I would share for others who don't know how to do it.

It is incredibly easy, its free, and it works good for hosting images.

http://www.photobucket.com

First things first, this is the front page:

up at the top you will see login information. Log in here if you already have an account.

In a few seconds you should see this

Once logged in you will see this page:

click the browse button and up will appear a box so you can select the photo(s) that you wish to upload

a closer look:

select as many images as you want, if you need more, click the "Add more" button

Click upload... You should see this as it progresses

after they have uploaded you will get this message at the top

Now, your photos will appear at the bottom, like this:

A closer look:

for posting in these forums you will use the Img code:

click it once and it will copy

a little known secret is that you can select multiple photos at once and have it generate code at one time. Just check each individual photo:

and at the bottom click "Generate HTML and IMG code"

You should see this:

a closer look at the section you want:

click once to copy:

now go to your favorite forum (personally, mine is nycaviation.com ;)) and paste it:

There you go! photos on computer to photos on Internet in under 5 minutes!
    nwa FOREVER!

Wow. That's very good and in-depth. Mind if I shrink some of those down and use it for the site?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Wow. That's very good and in-depth. Mind if I shrink some of those down and use it for the site?
    No problem, do whatever you want with it.
    nwa FOREVER!

now go to your favorite forum (personally, mine is nycaviation.com Wink) and paste it:
    [cough]SUCK UP![/cough]

:D

Re: Photobucket Tutorial

[quote="nwafan20"]

Thanks very much!

Mike (shamrock838)

This is a test for Mike to show how his photos come out since he can't figure it out.

All I did was take the links you sent me and I pasted them directly in this thread, nothing different

nwa FOREVER!

PhotoBucket Tutorial

Greetings,

OK! ... OKAY!! ... O-K-A-Y!!! ... you remember the one about the soft drink entrepreneur who came s-o-o-o-o close to undying fame ... but stopped just one step short of success. His proposed soft drink? You guessed it ... 6-UP!

From the get-go ... I succeeded in selecting and copying multiple images into a forum message. Given the instructions provided ... any fool could have done that! But I stopped there ... expecting to see the images right then ... right there ... in said forum message.

On the verge of dropping PhotoBucket altogether ... I finally said "Oh ... what the hell" ... and sent the damn message as a last resort! HELLO??? And the rest is history.

A first precept in providing instructional guidelines to first-time users ... who just may be "newer than thou" to all this ... is: - Assume ... nothing!

In this case ... no one said: - THEN YOU SEND THE MESSAGE TO ACTIVATE AND SEE THE IMAGES IN THE CONTEXT OF THE MESSAGE! Too obvious even to mention? Think again. Assume ... nothing!

Be advised ... a sustained tsunami of PhotoBucket-based photo images will soon be descending on certain selected NYCAviation forums in your neighborhood. Stay tuned.

Mike (shamrock838)

Just remember to title the threads with warnings (MANY PHOTOS, 56k=NO, etc, etc)...