Thread: My flight delay. Causes?

My flight delay. Causes?

It's 3:30am. US called to tell me my 8am flight to CLT has been cancelled due to maintenance. I got on the 6:40am flight but still, what a pain!

Can any of the US folks help me out as far as what type of mech problem for our A321? (it would have been my first time flying it :( )
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

What was the flight number you were gonna fly?

What's the big deal? You got on a flight to CLT, early in fact. Could have been worse you could have received no phone call got to the airport, saw the flight was cancelled and have sat there until they got you on a later flight. Nothing special about the A321, its just like the A320 but with a few more seats.

I will let you know when I get into the tower later what it was.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

RDU-JFK, looks like the 321 never made it from CLT last night. When I left it was showing a 2357 delayed arrival and the LGA midnight construction curfew was only extended till 0010 lcl which probably prevented CLT from doing an aircraft swap or fixing the MTC problem in a timely manor. Sorry you missed the 321 but glad you got to CLT early instead of hours late like I am sure some folks did.

Just a little friendly advice for anyone booking a flight into LGA with a late night arrival on any carrier during summer the airport does close at midnight for construction. During bad weather nights when many flights run late the curfew is extended but on many nights it is not or only a few minutes and flights do cancel and or divert. I see it every week so you have been warned.

Regards

LGA777

August 30 I have a connecting flight from ATL into LGA that arrives at 11:06ish. I guess I have to hope for an on time flight then!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777
    RDU-JFK, looks like the 321 never made it from CLT last night. When I left it was showing a 2357 delayed arrival and the LGA midnight construction curfew was only extended till 0010 lcl which probably prevented CLT from doing an aircraft swap or fixing the MTC problem in a timely manor. Sorry you missed the 321 but glad you got to CLT early instead of hours late like I am sure some folks did.

Just a little friendly advice for anyone booking a flight into LGA with a late night arrival on any carrier during summer the airport does close at midnight for construction. During bad weather nights when many flights run late the curfew is extended but on many nights it is not or only a few minutes and flights do cancel and or divert. I see it every week so you have been warned.

Regards

LGA777
    Thanks for the info! Well appreciated. I was glad that I got to FAY earlier than expected, but the "big deal" was that some passengers were notified the night before, where I was notified at 3am. You try getting your car switched to get you to LGA at 4:45am
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Eh do not feel bad. 1052 canceled again. As I was getting ready to log off all of the systems it came off the printer at 2 AM. I was like WTF.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"