Thread: Airbus Door?

Airbus Door?

Hey Guys:

I noticed this difference from these airbus planes with this new door feature
    and I believe Boeing is doing the same thing now anyone have a reason for this ? Maybe its just a technical reason or a new option?

Old Door Style :

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1222448/L/

New Style

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1200226/L/
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    what difference do you see there? looks like the same door to me...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

There isn't a difference, the only difference is the paint on one makes it looked curved vs the LTU door, but they're the same as far as I can see.

I think the only difference is the shape of the stripe around the door, making them look as if they are different shapes.

I should have listed that instead - sorry, but I wonder what the reason is behind this ?
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Quote Originally Posted by N790SW
    I should have listed that instead - sorry, but I wonder what the reason is behind this ?
    The reason why the stripe is different? Simply because the airline wanted it painted like that.

identical door as far as i can see... just my A&P opinion
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

same door its just that the airline highlights the door so its easy to find in an emergency
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

All Airbus single isle aircraft have the same forward and aft main entry doors, A318, 319, and 320 have the same overwing doors(different quantities). The A321 have two extra set of large type I doors just forward and Aft of the wing.

The 1.5 inch contrasting color strip around the exits is an FAA requirement applied only to transport category, commercially operated aircraft, all IATA member countries adapted the same regulation sometime in the late 60 - early 70's. This contrast color border suppose to help emergency rescue personnel find the entrance from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipper
    All Airbus single isle aircraft have the same forward and aft main entry doors, A318, 319, and 320 have the same overwing doors(different quantities). The A321 have two extra set of large type I doors just forward and Aft of the wing.

The 1.5 inch contrasting color strip around the exits is an FAA requirement applied only to transport category, commercially operated aircraft, all IATA member countries adapted the same regulation sometime in the late 60 - early 70's. This contrast color border suppose to help emergency rescue personnel find the entrance from the outside.
    about the contrasting color stripe, do you know what FAR's require it? because I have seen a number of business aircraft without the contrast stripe, so i was wondering if part 91 operations had an exemption
    FAA Licensed Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic
    Student Pilot

It is FAR 25.811 part f.

I made a mistake on the dimension, it has to be 2". It has been too long since my last PMI encounter.

I think any aircraft over 12,500 pounds falls in to FAR 25. However, privet transport category aircraft may apply for a waiver, it's up to the PMI managing the Part 91 operator..

Thanks for the insight guys, I always wondered why the doors had that lining to it. It would make since if an emergency that the people can see where the doors are, I wonder why however Air Force One doesn't have any of that lining, but I think we all know here thats a " Whole Different Animal"
    -Bobby Catone

You laos linked to two differnet type of aircraft. Many aircraft have different doors, even from the same company.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Same airframe, just different engines. BTW, All Airbus single isle aircraft share the same fuselage design, they just add or take out few frames forward and aft of the wing section to stretch or shorten one. Same concept for the 737 but the wings are slightly modified to optimized for the weight.

A320-214 is CFM56-5B4/2P SAC with 27,000 lbs of thrust
    A320-232 is IAE V2527-A5 with 26,500 lbs of thrust.