Thread: Online degrees

Online degrees

I know Tommy just got his MBA online. I was wondering if it's worth it? I'm looking to get a Masters in MIS because I want to combine my finance experience with IT and I'm kind of sick of accounting. I figure that would be a good combination for the future. Thing is, I'll probably be starting a new job soon and if I do normal grad school, it would kill me for time and I'm not interested in being a full-tile student again. The online thing seems much more flexible and reasonable, considering my schedule. Question is, will it be as recognized as if you get a normal grad degree? What are the best online schools? What are the costs? How were your experiences with getting an online degree?

By all means it will be a recognized degree providing the college has its proper accreditation. That being said it is worth it and I can't encourage it enough. Many of today's top schools have on-line programs including Columbia, Iowa State, Stony Brook, and all of the SUNY schools. That's where it gets tuff, what school to pick. Narrow down your program of study and then do your research. I would say though pick a college that has a campus and not just an on-line school.

I picked Ashford for a number of reasons, it was founded by the Franciscan monks who have a long history of providing higher education, the school has a long history of success, and of course the program was exactly what I was looking for. I'm sitting here right now with my degree insight hanging on my wall so I say again go for it, you'll be happy you did.