Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ISP- tarmac issues and WN schedule

ISP- tarmac issues and WN schedule

does anybody know what is going on at ISP? When are they going to fix the tarmac and when is southwest going to start adding more flights to/ from ISP?

Tarmac work should begin shortly as for WN adding more flights they haved added within the past two months with more frequency to MCO and in the last six months they've added frequency to MDW, LAS, and FLL. Who knows if they'll add cities to ISP, maybe Houston but other then that most of WN's cities are within one stop from ISP so there's no need right now.

A Real Airline

When is someone going to step up and challenge Greyhound Air at ISP?

We need a major airline there badly-just DL and US commuters vs. Grehound 737's.....

ISP is an underused gem.

PS Where would US go if/when they tear down the west concourse?
    It's the fares, stupid

its too bad they can't some legacy mainline flights...pretty soon its liable to become a WN station only...not good for LI fliers...I personally would like to see CO back with ERJ's to CLE of even 735's to IAH...we can only hope...does anybody know if the rumor that the PA NY&NJ might be interested in operating the airport has any truth? That would go a long way to adding some other airlines and additional service...

WN expects to run 80 flights by the end of the year. The tarmac will start soon along with the fire sprinklers on the west so Fridays can re-open.

PANYNJ isn't interested in ISP.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

AirTran at ISP would be great for me! ISP is a great airport. I do agree that ISP needs more big airplanes in there. RJ's just aren't enough especially with the growing population of Long Island, there's bound to be more demand for travel and with high gas prices, no ones going to want to drive to LGA or JFK!
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    anyone have pix of the ramp conditions out there? it's been years since i flew in there and have no reason to drive out. just wanna see what all the hubub is about.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    anyone have pix of the ramp conditions out there? it's been years since i flew in there and have no reason to drive out. just wanna see what all the hubub is about.
    Matt take a look at Microsoft Live Search Maps, they have a really good overview of ISP with the new terminal just before they attached the four added jet ramps

Was at ISP today and heard the tarmac will be started mid July.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway
    WN expects to run 80 flights by the end of the year. The tarmac will start soon along with the fire sprinklers on the west so Fridays can re-open.

80 flights/day???!!! Holy Crap! To where? Not that I'm complaining, I just don't see that many flights with the city offerings as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Quote Originally Posted by emshighway

80 flights/day???!!! Holy Crap! To where? Not that I'm complaining, I just don't see that many flights with the city offerings as they are now.
    Some guesses are STL, PHX, LAX, HOU, and such but nothing confirmed it is the cities I have been hearing.

However in other news WN is planning to slow their growth a bit so it may not hit 80 daily if so..and the cities may have changed since then.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

does anybody know if any mainline aircraft beside WN will flying to ISP soon? is there any rumors of this?

Quote Originally Posted by nyctotpo
    does anybody know if any mainline aircraft beside WN will flying to ISP soon? is there any rumors of this?
    ISP is a WN airport and only a WN airport, there are no mainline carriers looking to start service. WN said they could add up to 80 flights a day, doesn't mean they will. Although a non stop LAX flight would be awesome! Def make weekend trips to the coast much easier.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Well said Art. I hope someone does soon.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    Well said Art. I hope someone does soon.
    Nick get off your grand stand "well said?" Give me a break, you flew WN twice on a 30 min flight and you base your entire opinion of them off of that flight? How many times do you fly to even have sense of the service and performance of any major airline? Big deal they lost your bag, lots of airlines lose people's bags including mine. Its amazing with the amount of times I travel never once have I had a horror story with WN.

Art you’re calling them Greyhound air but the very airline you frequent so much or did ranks well below WN in ever category of service, performance, and reliability. To compare WN with US is a joke, US is becoming a flying ****box, my own travel dept as of this week has taken them off our preferred airline list because of the **** they put us through. Flying shouldn’t be complicated, WN makes it easy US does not.